Rebirth by Angra - Acapella Cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi all,

Decided to do a classic Angra song, acapella. Any constructive feedback is welcome. I kept it light mostly, but there are some covered belts as well. Definitely pitchy, but I'm working on it.

I actually left a bunch of feedback in the vocal progress thread. But I am honest bro you have the making of a great rock singer! I really hear moment of greatness developing keep up the work and you will be screaming like a banshee.

Hey!!  I liked it a lot. Your timbre is pretty similar to André.  

I suggest try to play around adding a bit more twang. More "half smile" haha, that will probably give you an easier time navigating the upper part of your chest voice.  As for the pitchyness, yeah, it was very pitchy. But if you are working on it, then I will not say anything about it :)  Make sure you listen closely and remember what he is doing and also the MUSIC :D . Train to remember where in your voice it is too.

This way when you sing acapella you already know in your ear what music it is, so you have a note to sing over, and by remembering the exact note you need to do physically, you don't look around and search for the note you want. ( I don't know if this is what's happening to you, though, it could only be your ear, or viceversa. You could know the music perfectly in your mind and your throat not responding as you'd like... so check that :D

Other than that... cheers mate! Keep singing Angra, it suits your voice I think :P 

Hey!!  I liked it a lot. Your timbre is pretty similar to André.  

I suggest try to play around adding a bit more twang. More "half smile" haha, that will probably give you an easier time navigating the upper part of your chest voice.  As for the pitchyness, yeah, it was very pitchy. But if you are working on it, then I will not say anything about it :)  Make sure you listen closely and remember what he is doing and also the MUSIC :D . Train to remember where in your voice it is too.

This way when you sing acapella you already know in your ear what music it is, so you have a note to sing over, and by remembering the exact note you need to do physically, you don't look around and search for the note you want. ( I don't know if this is what's happening to you, though, it could only be your ear, or viceversa. You could know the music perfectly in your mind and your throat not responding as you'd like... so check that :D

Other than that... cheers mate! Keep singing Angra, it suits your voice I think :P 

Definitely, this is something I've had issues with from the start with regards to the pitchyness. I need to train a cue with a phonation.

Thanks for the compliment regarding my timbre (although Rebirth is an Edu Falaschi song :P). Andre Matos is one of my major influences.

I do try to hear the music as I sing, but yeah, my throat isn't cooperating.

Thanks for the feedback!

I actually left a bunch of feedback in the vocal progress thread. But I am honest bro you have the making of a great rock singer! I really hear moment of greatness developing keep up the work and you will be screaming like a banshee.

Thanks for the feedback and kind words... I am practicing, always trying to get better. :bang:

Oh!! Totally my bad! :24:  I had Edu's voice in my head, but mixed the names haha 

This is the short version of the song, isn't it?  Get the long one if you can, the one with the "woo, hooo! minutes go round and round inside my heead! " . That to me is the coolest part of the song, lol

Can you do higher notes?  If you siren down>up, can you get into your headvoice smoothly? And top down?

Oh!! Totally my bad! :24:  I had Edu's voice in my head, but mixed the names haha 

This is the short version of the song, isn't it?  Get the long one if you can, the one with the "woo, hooo! minutes go round and round inside my heead! " . That to me is the coolest part of the song, lol

Can you do higher notes?  If you siren down>up, can you get into your headvoice smoothly? And top down?

Yes, this is the acoustic version, which is shortened. I agree, the "minutes go round and round" part is cool!

Yes, I can! Although the adduction is not very good. There are some samples on my soundcloud account... the ones that sound more full are the belted ones:

All "heady" placements, although not as connected as they need to be:

Belt vs Head

The Passagio Sirens are all belty:

These are all belty head tones:

The belting onsents sound really well, man. Do you feel like you are in mix there? or just head?

It's kind of hard to hear well the quality of the voice because of the recording :C 

EDIT:  I heard Wisdom of the Kings and there it is more noticeable. You tend to do heavy phonations in chest AND in head, but you are not mixing as you could.

As I already said in a post I deleted haha  Send me an inbox with your Skype address or something and we can have a chat about technique :D