- Strengthen Your Voice. Vocalize, rehearse, shed your notes, work your phrases and diction until it fits what you hear in your head. A weak voice won't translate.
- Find Your Voice. What do you want to say? Hint: Don't try to please everyone.
- Create Your Own Style. That means lyrically, musically, vocally and fashion-wise. Learn from others but don't copy. You want to stand out not fit in. You want to make a statement.
- Don't Let Fear Run the Roost. Decisions made from fear never pan out well. Run inventory on your M.O. (modus operandi) to be sure you are operating from clarity and conviction.
- Fall in Love With Why You Are Different. It's the one piece that will set you apart and make you stand out.
- Learn How to Use Social Media. It's not going away period. The rich resource of relationships is at your fingertips. Join in the conversation.
- Build Your Brand. One photo, yourname.com URL. Not having your own URL will hurt you.
- Build Your List. Your list is everything today. Social media numbers are important but your list is king. Start with a goal of 1000 true fans and build from there.
- Be Brave & Don't Ask Permission. Communicate what you think and how you really feel don't hold it back. It's common to sensor our feelings in life, but don't do it when it comes to your music and branding your message.
- Be Yourself. Don't try to be someone or something you're not. Be authentic. People can tell when you're not.
What tip struck a cord with you? Share in the comments below.
©2012 Cari Cole, Vocal Mag, Inc. All Rights Reserved.