Snax-In A Dream Accapella

• TMV World Legacy Member

This is such a nice little song written by the late Ray Gillen, singer of the group Badlands.

Hope you like my rendition... https://files.me.com/muskysnax/bs3kz1.mp3

"GIDDYUP!"

So good!!! Maybe it's start to write your own songs! Killer voice. Seems you have a total control of your voice!

I WISH! lol I hear some parts where I could have had more control or sang better etc. I'm a stickler for details. I do like the very opening line and then it sort of gets worse from there! Ha,ha,ha!

"GIDDYUP!"

Hmmm...I wonder how Brian Johnson or Rob Halford would have sung this... ;)

Now, that would be interesting. Like when Judas Priest decided to take the folk song "Diamonds and Rust" and did it their way.

Like when cheeky brit by the name of Elvis Costello, looking a lot like Buddy Holly, decided to take a slow rambling folk song entitled "Peace, Love, and Understanding and turn it into a melange of punk, rockabilly, and new wave.

• TMV World Member

This is such a nice little song written by the late Ray Gillen, singer of the group Badlands.

Hope you like my rendition... https://files.me.com/muskysnax/bs3kz1.mp3

Snax: This is very tasty. Even without a band, you communicate the song very well your vocal styling alone. You just lay it out there, guts and all, for us to hear. Very, very well done.

I agree with the others that have said that your voice is deserving of a wider audience. IMO, to move to the next level you need to be practicing with a good band and gigging. Its also way more fun than singing acappella into a digital recorder. ;) It will be work, but the cold, Canadian winter will be warmer for it.

A cred bump for you.

Best Regards, Steven Fraser

Thanks Steven! If I lived closer to my old band mates I'm sure we'd be playing some gigs by now. They have been wanting to reform but the distance is just to much to commit to anything too serious. It's a 2.5 hour drive each way and i'm very busy growing my fishing lure business.

"GIDDYUP!"

Bracebridge must be a small town in the middle of nowhere with no other musicians. Kind of reminds me of my little town. Oh crap, shot that theory to hell. Two houses down from me is a drummer that practices in his garage.

I get it though. It's nice being home every night, especially if you have family. I had a workmate back in the 90's (we're both electricians) and he was an absolutely phenomenal guitarist. Perfectly capable of being a rock god and I am not exaggerating. But he preferred doing electrical work and having guitar as a hobby. Kind of like Sammy Hagar being an excuisite chef but he prefers to sing rock and roll. Or, an engineer I knew of that started cooking in his back yard grill and gave up the engineering business and started his own restaurant, Burger House (there's two in Dallas.) And when you go to that restaurant, there he is, the owner, behind the counter, asking if you want fries with that. His fries are called Jack's Famous Fries. Good stuff, too.

Yeah, I've already had a dose of the gigging musician type of existence and I'm much more content having people I love and trust around me. My singing now is mostly for my own satisfaction but I will go out and do some karaoke soon. I used to own and operate a karaoke company when I lived in Ottawa which was a lot of fun. Nothing like instant gratification and cold beer! ;)

"GIDDYUP!"

Yeah, I've already had a dose of the gigging musician type of existence and I'm much more content having people I love and trust around me. My singing now is mostly for my own satisfaction but I will go out and do some karaoke soon. I used to own and operate a karaoke company when I lived in Ottawa which was a lot of fun. Nothing like instant gratification and cold beer! ;)

I agree and empathize. I like being home every night, myself. That's why I probably just hit karoakes, parties, and the occasional club (open mic night) thing. Though, I don't have much to lose, any more. I just need to find a band of aging, hard rock hippies. It's funny, I know an astounding guitar player, in fact he's a little taller than me. He plays for a young country singer but, really, people go just to hear him play. But they are lucky to get one show a month. I should approach him for a different line of music. He plays rock easily but plays country, right now, just to keep playing.