Sign in to follow this  
Felipe Carvalho

The Ultimate Secret to High Notes

Rate this topic

So you have been searching the internet to find out how to sing those high notes with beauty and power. Well search no more, here you go:

The first 10 orders will get an extra bottle in the exclusive mint flavour. Hurry!

;)

Felipe,

Your other video (below) seemed a little easier to understand and I along with Dan's help found it very useful..

I only wish you were in the actual key for "Dream On" so I could hear how you handled that jump to the G5#.  

Your technique and Dan's (very similar beliefs) is stellar.

But as was explaining to Daniel, when you're on stage actually singing, sooner or later you are going to dig into that with a burst of t/a and bring it in hard or it just isn't going to work or sound right......at least this has been my experience...

hahaah Im taking the orders guys, cherry for Dan, two for ronws and tangerine for Adolph on the way! Jeremy gets a free spray version for the support (ahahah I was scolded in another place for selling throat sprays when I linked the video lol) Thank you all for the feedback.

@Bob Thanks! Your comment on the G#5, and on full voice singing gave me a idea for a technique video that perhaps will be useful for more people, I think you will like it, using falsetto, but with a little twist :) (but wont be about the G#5s anyways)  .

This one was more of a scold so that people work their chest voices better and worry more about singing than about range.

Keep in mind that the vowel video was not meant to teach how to sing Dream On, I used that section as a sample (first thing that came to my mind hehe), but part of the point there is to use a more relaxed position exactly so that you can hit it hard and, hopefully, avoid unnecessary tensions. I personaly dont like going for the G#5s on the song, I rather do the Dio version at that part, did you hear my version btw?

You guys end up making light of the whole "Secret Tricks" thing, but being one who is just now starting to put this whole thing together, There are a lot of "Secret Tricks" that make it work. As Felipe said in this video, "It was a learned thing" "Had never used that coordination before".

This particular coordination is one that would be thought of as the wrong thing to do because of the whole "Nasal sound is bad" "Keep the sound out of the nose" advice. Without this, the other "Secret Tricks" of foward placement, think Low when singing High, Think High when singing Low Vowel Modification and such just do not work on their own.

And yes after things come together, you do not get the sense of "Doing" anything on purpose. But there is a lot to learn when you just "do not know" and are "Trying" to improve. All of these things are "Secret" ingredients to those of us who just "Do NOT KNOW".

BTW: Thanks Felipe, This was the missing ingredient for my work on "House of the Rising Sun". I will take a box of Chocolate if you don't mind and one 2 litre bottle of Mountain Dew...... original. Thanks.

Felipe, want to laugh?

When I was younger I used to nail that G5# (as you say effortlessly) even the A5# on Bohemian Rhapsody before I knew anything about technique.  Now.....they're just not "available" notes  I think what happened besides getting older, is my Falsetto training closed things up a bit up top.  By strenghtening my head voice musculature, I inadvertently compromised some range.

Send me the link for your "Dream on."  I want to hear what you did with that.

Felipe, want to laugh?

When I was younger I used to nail that G5# (as you say effortlessly) even the A5# on Bohemian Rhapsody before I knew anything about technique.  Now.....they're just not "available" notes  I think what happened besides getting older, is my Falsetto training closed things up a bit up top.  By strenghtening my head voice musculature, I inadvertently compromised some range.

Send me the link for your "Dream on."  I want to hear what you did with that.

the headvoioce stems from the falsetto. so if anything don't swallow your falsetto and it will free the voice up.;)

the headvoioce stems from the falsetto. so if anything don't swallow your falsetto and it will free the voice up.;)

I sure like the sound of this...

I actually use primarily E to warm up my voice these days, (start with it, and swell different directions throughout my range and increase weight steadily) as it seems to produce most efficient results.

That said, sections of the 'low placement' sound cool to me. I like how you didn't try to intentionally make it sound bad and let it be what it was. A lot of times when I've seen teaching videos someone will be like X is the proper technique, and then they try to make that sound as cool as possible. Then they will turn around and say 'Y is the bad technique' and change way more than just Y to make it sound as terrible as possible, and even make grimacing, disapproving faces and whatnot.

I thought I would bring this thread back to the front of the list.  I keep mentioning it in posts. Good stuff for beginners and those having trouble getting into Headvoice. If an administrator could make this a Sticky or something that would cool.

Thanks again Felipe.

I am really glad it's helpful and I would like to thank for the support. I will go ahead and ask for a small favour, when you find this stuff useful, join the youtube channel and drop a few lines on the comments/press like on the video. It helps exposing the videos more, and well knowing it is helpful drives me to make some more :). I have some more ideas that are on the way!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this