Sign in to follow this  
JonJon

Lenny Wolf analysis? some specific moments

Rate this topic

One of my fave singers from back in the day. Now that I myself am learning to sing id be interested in hearing others opinion or analysis of Lennys style etc.

Obviously one of his most famous songs...

One of my fave voices even though its a bit feminine lol. I dont dig the sort of quivering vibrato etc.

The "scream" at 2:06. Is that any particular technique? Would that be considered a crazy range or just a nice trained voice?

The high note at 4:31. Is that whistle register that he tried to hit or just a coincidental "accident"?

any opinion of his voice? Any interesting technical points? Im pretty sure he has lost some range etc nowadays

Thanks, JonJon

11 hours ago, JonJon said:

One of my fave singers from back in the day. Now that I myself am learning to sing id be interested in hearing others opinion or analysis of Lennys style etc.

Obviously one of his most famous songs...

One of my fave voices even though its a bit feminine lol. I dont dig the sort of quivering vibrato etc.

The "scream" at 2:06. Is that any particular technique? Would that be considered a crazy range or just a nice trained voice?

The high note at 4:31. Is that whistle register that he tried to hit or just a coincidental "accident"?

any opinion of his voice? Any interesting technical points? Im pretty sure he has lost some range etc nowadays

Thanks, JonJon

I like this guys voice a lot too. I'm not qualified to discuss specific technique but I've seen some live clips where he's pulling this off pretty handily. That wasn't super recent but within the last 7-8 years. Total Zepplin ripoff but fine by me cuz it sounds good. I actually think the guitar solo is my favorite part of this tune.