Rate this topic

Well...Hi Im Jack, Im from Chile, first of all really sorry for my poor english but ok, here we go. Im very confused about my vocal range because I hear that the baritone have a extension of their range aprox. (B2-E4) and the tenor (C3-C5). Well my lowest note is a G#2 and is really very difficult to do, it is more comfortable for me a A2 and my higuest note with my chest voice it is a G4 or F#4, it's depends, some times with a little effor I can sing a A4 with the mixed voice i guess, im not sure it's head voice it all or a mixed voice, I think it's a mixed voice cuz a feel my chest vibrates and it's not so shrill. Finally my Highest note i can sing with my head voice it is a G5 or F#5 and with falsetto some times a D6 but sounds very noisy and ugly. My question is my range vocal only realizes between my chest voice or also it's taken into account my head voice? Oh I forget to say you I love Jeff Buckley and Alex Turner voices. Sorry for my english, sorry for the lenght of the question. Lov U bye :) 

Pd: Qualify my english pls

your sound range is from G#2 to D6. Man, that was easy.

Are you singing opera? Specfically, are you being cast in an opera? The only one who should care about your fach is the casting director.

In pop music, don't worry about it. Train for the songs you want to sing.

8 hours ago, ronws said:

your sound range is from G#2 to D6. Man, that was easy.

Are you singing opera? Specfically, are you being cast in an opera? The only one who should care about your fach is the casting director.

In pop music, don't worry about it. Train for the songs you want to sing.

Noo, im a normal person who love to sing that it all, but you think im a tenor or baritone?

I don't think you are any particular range or fach like baritone or tenor. For a few reasons. Those fach descriptions are not just about range, never have been, It is involving a certain sound, especially in opera. And so you love to sing, so, you are neither a baritone or a tenor. You are singer. One of the best bits of wisdom given to me was from a classical coach who said not to worry about trying to be this or that kind of singer. Just be a singer, your voice will teach you.

And if you are going to sing pop and rock, it really, really doesn't matter. There are guys who speak with low voices but sing high without wearing out. Guys with high voices who really have a narrow range.