Snax-Beyond The Realms Of Death (Judas Priest)

• TMV World Legacy Member

Here's what I've recorded so far of Beyond The Realms Of Death. You can still hear some of the original Halford vocal in the background since I'm using vocal removal software on the real song... https://files.me.com/muskysnax/txvrkh.mp3

I'm going to redo the heavy sections since I was just mucking about when I did those but I hope I sound somewhat ok on the ballad sections.

"GIDDYUP!"

If I hadn't seen your website, I could still start the canard that you are Mr. Halford incognito. And halfway believe it myself. Seriously, though, I like it. I like so much of the JP catalog that I think each one is my favorite.

I have to say that I'm enjoying this particular track as it develops. Some songs just plain feel good to sing and for me this is one of those. Riding On The Wind just about killed me though! lol

Thanks for the kind words as always Ron.

"GIDDYUP!"

One thing that always impresses me is how "stable" your voice sounds, no wavering etc

No matter what the volume is you manage to maintain that. I wanted to ask you if this

is a part of your sound that came naturally or if it's sth you improved through breathing etc

I think it's from the years that I did spend singing in bands and running a karaoke company. I've always had a strong voice but was limited in tone and range due to the tonsils although I didn't know it at the time.

"GIDDYUP!"

Hey Snax! Judas Priest are about to go on their "final tour". Perhaps you should pull a Pineda and show the band your audio clips ;)

I appreciate the kind words! A number of years ago you'd better believe I would have jumped at the idea.

"GIDDYUP!"

• 3 weeks later...

Nice control, really good vibrato, and great high screams. What I think it needs though is maybe just a little more emotion... like you know what the song is talking about, know what it means.

Thanks for the feedback Stan. I always strive to give emotive performances and this song isn't quite done yet so I'll be sure to really focus as I finish it up.

"GIDDYUP!"

• 5 months later...

Youve got a very strong head voice man(assuming it is head voice) tell me more about the tonsils and your range? How dud they affect your range?

Cheers

J

The tonsils were chocking me basically by the time I had to have them removed. My head voice was very muted due to the lack of resonant space and even right after the surgery I could speak more clearly which was surprising. I've never enjoyed singing as much as I do now! I'll be posting another song soon. It's Born On The Bayou by CCR.

"GIDDYUP!"

Whenever i go to head voice i feel extremely constricted and end up with a tight, shallow witchy sound. I have had problems with inflammation and swelling of tonsils all my life. I may have to get my ENT to have a closer look at them.

Cheers

J