Help/questions about the mask and a muffled tone

Rate this topic

spanishboots

Hi, im getting quite confussed about finding ways to improved my singing tone, at the moment my voice has a strong chest voice, but the actually tone sounds so muffled, like im singing with a blocked nose or a cold.

i've read that a problem could be that there's to much air going thru the nose, so i did the thing where you pinch your nose to see if it changes the tone when you sing, an it did, so i redirected my voice so i didnt sing thru my nose so much anymore, this improved it a bit, but i still have a very muffled tone.

and now i've read that to improve tone you should direct it at the mask and feel it resonate there, i cant seem to do this an if i do i just end up singing thru my nose again.

i hope what i've written has made sense, cause im quite confussed on this. any help explaining to me about all this would be appreciated.

Agreed. But without having heard anything from you yet, I'm gonna take a shot at that you need more twang in your sound. At first it will feel weird and wrong to you but then you'll be glad you experimented with it. Kind of like lesbianism.

Agreed. But without having heard anything from you yet, I'm gonna take a shot at that you need more twang in your sound. At first it will feel weird and wrong to you but then you'll be glad you experimented with it. Kind of like lesbianism.

first let me laugh a jonpall's comment.....jesus christ.....now then.....

send over a sample in the meantime....

are you opening your mouth enough with the tip of your tongue resting behind your lower front teeth whenever possible for the tone to come out as unresricted as possible?

are you perhaps singing with too low a larynx position?