brett manning's singing success - poor customer support

Rate this topic

VideoHere

That's kind of sad. I mean, they have some good stuff in their youtube tutorials. When you email, there's nothing in return? Not even a mail server failure notice, such as invalid address or server down or any of those error messages? Or, the one I get, "server not configured for email" or something like that, on other unrelated things I have seen.

That's kind of sad. I mean, they have some good stuff in their youtube tutorials. When you email, there's nothing in return? Not even a mail server failure notice, such as invalid address or server down or any of those error messages? Or, the one I get, "server not configured for email" or something like that, on other unrelated things I have seen.

nada, nothing. this is not the first time either. they'll send you these free lesson highlights, ask you if you'd like to purchase the entire lesson, then you'll email them and that's it.

Well, that's just odd. My estimation of a successful business is to separate the customer from their money, something you are probably aquainted with in your retail establishment. So, to ignore a customer who is willing to give you money is like, I don't know, trying to go out of business. Which doesn't make sense to me.

Well, that's just odd. My estimation of a successful business is to separate the customer from their money, something you are probably aquainted with in your retail establishment. So, to ignore a customer who is willing to give you money is like, I don't know, trying to go out of business. Which doesn't make sense to me.

ron, if you feel like that (and you should feel lie that) please don't ever open a video store....

This has been a chronic problem with the people at SS. They have great marketing, tons of free video lessons, an active Forum, lots of products to sell.... and don't respond to emails, at least reliably. I used to visit their forum in the past and would see this type of complaint way too often. I also emailed one of the associates at one time about scheduling a lesson and never heard back. It is very strange they have such a blind spot. Bizarre.

wow,

i tried so many times to buy the full lesson downloads from that company after seeing the little weekly lessons they send.

they never get back to you. their customer service is horrible. phone, email, it dosen't matter.

Bob,

As a Vid store entrepreneur, deal with them as if they were a supplier. If there is no customer satisfaction, then escalate!

Hey, Bob, are you saying I would present some tough competition? Don't get me wrong. Giving the customer what they want is a key to success. And they, in return, give money unto you. That's what I mean about separating them from their cash. Especially with videos, which I consider a luxury item. You can't eat a dvd, but you can have a good life watching the movie. And sometimes, that is stronger than food. Selling dreams. Sorry to digress or derail.

Let me put it this way. During the 90's, yuppies couldn't wait to spend $40k on a motorcycle, just to show that they could spend that much on a motorcycle. And Harley-Davidson obliged them, leaving the working man behind. That is, a customer (viewed by long-term hard-core bikers as JACs (just add cash)) would hand over $40k and walk out a "biker," complete with a FXR Groundpounder or a Fat Boy with a TC-88, shorties, sissy bar, and 12 inch ape hangers, and, of course, the "outfit." Little clue, real bikers don't wear gloves with the fingers cut off. Nor do they wear jackets with fringe. Nor do they all wear do-rags. Anyway, H-D knew how to separate customers from cash by giving them what they want. Once the yuppies got over their "biker" phase, the prices went down since the true loyal customer, the working man, cannot and will not pay more for 2 wheels than they do for 4 wheels. But still, the name of the game, is to give the customer what they want. Just make the check payable to ...

I love SS for many reasons, including the fact that I seriously may have never got started singing without the free youtube videos, at a time when I thought I was terrible and always would be. Also I have a few of their products and they have done wonders for me.

But I have emailed them a number of times about various things, and received no response. Damn..

Hey, Bob, are you saying I would present some tough competition? Don't get me wrong. Giving the customer what they want is a key to success. And they, in return, give money unto you. That's what I mean about separating them from their cash. Especially with videos, which I consider a luxury item. You can't eat a dvd, but you can have a good life watching the movie. And sometimes, that is stronger than food. Selling dreams. Sorry to digress or derail.

Let me put it this way. During the 90's, yuppies couldn't wait to spend $40k on a motorcycle, just to show that they could spend that much on a motorcycle. And Harley-Davidson obliged them, leaving the working man behind. That is, a customer (viewed by long-term hard-core bikers as JACs (just add cash)) would hand over $40k and walk out a "biker," complete with a FXR Groundpounder or a Fat Boy with a TC-88, shorties, sissy bar, and 12 inch ape hangers, and, of course, the "outfit." Little clue, real bikers don't wear gloves with the fingers cut off. Nor do they wear jackets with fringe. Nor do they all wear do-rags. Anyway, H-D knew how to separate customers from cash by giving them what they want. Once the yuppies got over their "biker" phase, the prices went down since the true loyal customer, the working man, cannot and will not pay more for 2 wheels than they do for 4 wheels. But still, the name of the game, is to give the customer what they want. Just make the check payable to ...

in my store the customer is treated like gold..that's how i like it too.

• Administrator

At TVS, we have "Clients" , not customers. I will say, when I work with students that have been through the SS program, I do often get a common remark about how nice it is to have someone respond to their emails so quickly and take time to answer a few questions... thats just a stated fact, not a dish on SS. Hopefully they will read this and up their game for the people that are dumping thousands into their slick marketing machine.

Good point. And it's something I have dealt with as an electrician, especially when I have worked for service companies. A service call is where you, Robert Lunte, call ABC Electric, for example, and you say, "I want to lower my electric bill for the lights I am using." And we come in and swap out the old T-12 magnetic ballasts and lamps and replace them with T-8 electronic ballasts and T-8 lamps. You or anyone can go and buy parts. What the service company is providing is service. Professional, polite, competent. And the company is insured for several million dollars, usually. So, if anything went wrong with the electrical work and your place caught fire from it, the electric company's insurance would pay for damages. Plus, your insurance company wouldn't slam you for using an unlicensed, uninsured electrician for repairs. We sell customer satisfaction. Same with a video store. Same with a training program, such as yours. You provide service and customer satisfaction. And in return, could, would, and should be renumerated for it. Separating customer from cash is crass, indeed, but I meant it to mean that to be successful, one should give the customer or client what they pay for.

There's been a problem with email at SS for some time. After not receiving any response to several emails I finally called them. To my surprise, they were extremely responsive and helpful on the phone--the problem was resolved swiftly and successfully. It is surely odd, however, that a business so dependent upon the web so consistently drops the ball on email. Do try to call them, as I'm sure you'll find the response a lot better.

There's been a problem with email at SS for some time. After not receiving any response to several emails I finally called them. To my surprise, they were extremely responsive and helpful on the phone--the problem was resolved swiftly and successfully. It is surely odd, however, that a business so dependent upon the web so consistently drops the ball on email. Do try to call them, as I'm sure you'll find the response a lot better.

all i got was an answering machine.