Sign in to follow this  
Ed M

Songs where the vocal melody peaks at C5

Rate this topic

Hi everyone. :) I love to sing, especially rock songs! :D Just last year, my range finally expanded so I could hit a C5 and hold it for a considerable amount of time with my full voice. So now, I would like to start challenging my voice more with some true tenor songs. :) Even if there's only 1 C5 in the song, for example, CLOSE MY EYES FOREVER BY Ozzy and Lita, I would still be very interested in knowing the name of that song and the artist that sings it. :) I prefer the Rock Genre but the name of any song that fits this criteria would be much appreciated! :D It must have at least one C5 and not go beyond a C5 and it must be sung in full voice, not falsetto.  ;) And it must be in English. :) And, if there's already a thread exactly like this, please point me in that direction. :) Now I will offer my 3 PICKS, and hopefully someone will add to that. :) 

BTW...The Range Place is a great place to double check! ;) If it's permitted, I'd be happy to post the address here. :)

CLOSE MY EYES FOREVER

HEY YOU                          ( Pink Floyd)

WHEN I SEE YOU SMILE  (Bad English)

BLAZE OF GLORY           (My favorite Bon Jovi song.Heehee) I believe the C5 is at the end of the song

BED OF ROSES               (Bon Jovi)

INNOCENT MAN                (Billy Joel) If memory serves, when he sings the word AM, he hits a very POWERFUL C5

If I'm wrong about any of the songs above, please let me know. :)

Posted by: ronws

Eye of the Tiger (Survivor)

Posted by VideoHere

Rosanna (Toto)  Great Pick! Almost exactly what I was looking for. :) I believe there is also something like an Eb5 when he's singing YEAH, but I don't think that's really part of the main melody. :) Wish I had Karaoke music for this one cuz I always liked this song and I think it only has 1 short C5 in the chorus! :D 

Carry On Wayward Son  (Kansas) I have always LOVED this song but WOW, A lot of C5's in it!Heehee The irony is I believe I have karaoke music for this one! LOL :P

Rock Steady (Bad Company)

Songs that are not in English

Nessun Dorma (Russell Watson)

Thanks for listening, guys and thanks for all the help! :0 )

Ed

Cool! :) Thanks Ron!!! :) I've loved EYE OF THE TIGER since I first saw ROCKY III! :D

Don't know the other song but I've added both to the list. ;)

Thanks again, Ron. :) But I looked up the lyrics for the 2nd song you posted and they do not appear to be in English. :( I'll still put it at the bottom of the list for other members that might be interested in singing it. ;)

Challenging songs with C5 notes:

I picked these because most involve jumping up to them.

Toto- Rosanna

Kansas - Carry on my wayward son

Led Zeppelin - Black Dog

Foreigner - Hot Blooded

Bad Company - Rock steady

(But just a word of advice:  Don't forget the notes from F4 to B4.  A B4 flat and B4 can sometimes be more of a challenge than a C5!)

And there are a lot more of these in Classic Rock songs:D

Bob Seger "Old Time  RocknRoll"  Not C5 but a killer none the less. Also "Fire Down Below" still not C5. I think that one centers at B4.

Exactly....

Having a reliable, consistent, solid, powerful A4 to B4 (SINGING SONGS) or to be able to sit up on A4 to B4 (SINGING SONGS) Is nothing to laugh at.

VideoHere is right! Semetimes due to the song itself, it might be more troublesome to sing a note between A-B4 instead and the C5 would be easy. To me personally, the most difficult note to sustain convincingly is an A#4

22 hours ago, VideoHere said:

Led Zeppelin - Black Dog

Hah thats damned mean man :P  the entire song like hovers up around E5 

You make me feel brand new, by Simply Red

EDIT: I know its a C#5 but what is a semitone, right?  haha

EDIT 2: It's been hard to find songs that top at C5 on my music library :C  Well, you can always lower a song half or a full step :D   Usually the songs that I find that have high passages, have higher notes than the C5 also.

A lot of Queen songs are in this range(If not exactly C5)

Bohemian Rhapsody

We are the champions

Don't stop me now

Show must go on 

You can also try the following by Iron Maiden 

Bring me your daughter to the slaugher

Fear of the dark

VideoHere is trying to kill me! LOL :P

WOW! Thanks for the GREAT RESPONSE, guys!!!!!! :D:D:D

Much appreciated.!!! :)

When I get some time, I will check out all of these songs and begin adding them to the list. ;)

I would add another one of my personal training songs, but it's in japanese. 

Well, I'll post it as a bonus track, maybe you'll like it and take a shot at it.  The chorus floats on C5's 

How difficult are you looking for in the songs, man?  Also, it'd be cool if you could upload a soundcloud playlist or something with the songs you try! 

Now, this song I still can't sing. It so hard for me to endure the entire first part ( verse-bridge-chorus ) lol  I haven't invested the time on studying it though, but I pick it up from time to time as sort of an "evaluation" hahah

Well like I said, it was in the beginning of 2015 when i realized I could hit the C5 and actually hold it for the first time and near the end of 2015, I realized that I could even stretch it out and do the same thing with a D5, although, that's right at my limit so sometimes you can hear my voice breaking when I try to go that high and it has more of a piercing sound than when I sing the C5. Heehee So to start with,  I'm looking for something with one or 2 C5's but if some songs have more than that, I'm willing to keep them in mind and maybe try singing them at a later date. Heehee :)

Cool! :D When I can find some time to record and if I can find the song in my Karaoke collection, I would be happy to upload it to my Soundcloud account and post a link here. :) Also, I'm a songwriter, well at least half a song writer. Heehee I'm a lyricist, melody maker and singer and one of my latest originals has both the C5 and a very short D5.Heehee If you're interested, I'll post a link to that as well. ;)

Thanks for the Interest and the help, Xamedhi! :)

That's cool, man!  I really hope you do well :D   And yes, you can even put your soundcloud account on your signature, so more people can listen to your stuff  :P  hahah   I'm very curious, and love to hear other's voices, I learn a lot, and I'm always glad to help other fellow singers in any way I can .

Thanks, Man! :D  Now all I have to do is read up on making a Signature. Heehee :)

For now, this is my SoundCloud page and DAWN OF FREEDOM is the song I was referring to. :)

Cool :D  I'll check your stuff out :D

Here are another couple of songs:

Very good for practicing F4-C5 range. The phrasing of Kisses from you makes the song quite difficult, the hardest thing for me is to keep it swingy while sounding convincing hahaha