Felipe Carvalho - The Wicker Man

Rate this topic

:bang::headbang::41::beerbang:.. As always,, epic my friend!! I was not familiar with this song and I listened to the original after hearing your version and you sound like you can sing for the original band!! 

Bruce sounds a little darker and heavier set in the chorus.  Is it a physiology function?  I mean can someone with a lower center of voice exactly mimic the Bruce sound?  

But all in all, amazing work.  Please keep posting more work!!  

Thank you guys! :)

@aaravin its possible I believe, althought I try to base my studies on his live delivery (its one of the songs on the rep).

Also at the time of this recording he was probably at his best condition on his whole carreer, he was simply much better than I am ;)

18 minutes ago, Felipe Carvalho said:

Thank you guys! :)

@aaravin its possible I believe, althought I try to base my studies on his live delivery (its one of the songs on the rep).

Also at the time of this recording he was probably at his best condition on his whole carreer, he was simply much better than I am ;)

Felipe.. You are too humble:)  . I am trying to learn this song.  I will try to learn to sing it the way you have sung, with a similar vocal weight.  

I personally feel that Bruce has a truly unique voice.  There are many good youtube singers who can pull of the Bruce range, but it is nearly impossible to find an exact mimic of his tone and weight.. 

• 1 month later...

I second what has already been said... it sounds like if you were a member of the band and it was your song. I also think it's the best cover I've heard from you. The "your time will come" sounds VERY similar to Bruce in tone, so if you where going for that, feel great because it sounds awesome, haha, the whole song sounds awesome, man :) 
You are always progressing, man, I really like that from you, you are not only a great teacher, but also a very heartfelt singer, always striving for more and more, in that regard you feel very close to us "recent learners". My total respect, Felipe \m/

What is it about brasilians singing IM as good or better than the original? Great stuff, Felipe. I cannot choose between you and Olem. He has a heavier tone but you both have such solid delivery and the press of the voice, as if you wrote the song and were the singer of that iconic band. I refuse to take sides. Kudos to you. Bravo, maestro Felipe. I don't know portuguese, so pardon my use of mexican spanish, which I do know. Yo tengo mucho gusto para musica de Felipe.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator
6 minutes ago, Felipe Carvalho said:

Thank you so much for the words guys, Bruce is one major influence for me, and singing this stuff is pretty much why I began studying technique to begin with :).

Ya me too... sounds good Felipe.

I'm working on "Tears of a Dragon" right now... 

• 1 month later...
On 29/05/2016 at 6:27 PM, Robert Lunte said:

Ya me too... sounds good Felipe.

I'm working on "Tears of a Dragon" right now... 

Hey Rob!! Thank you.

Hahaha that is a great song indeed, I have the impression that on his solo material Bruce used to sink the feet down on the gas much more than with Iron. Wanna hear that one! :)

Hi Felipe.. I listened to both this song and the clairvoyant again.  I absolutely love your interpretation of this song.  Perhaps this is closer to a heavier sound that we associate with Maiden I don't know.  But this is soooooo perfect for your voice!!!! :headbang::41::bang:

Thank you aravin!! Its helpful to know, the songs are similar in many ways. I think I will change Clairvoyant this weekend then, looking forward for your opinion. ;)

BTW bro.

You remember the Raga's theory you sent my way right? I am looking for some manner of experimenting more with that, but other than my voice I don't really have an instrument capable of producing a quarter step like some of those modes need. I was thinking of some virtual instrument but honestly I don't know where to start looking, do you have any tips in that regard?

13 hours ago, Felipe Carvalho said:

Thank you aravin!! Its helpful to know, the songs are similar in many ways. I think I will change Clairvoyant this weekend then, looking forward for your opinion. ;)

BTW bro.

You remember the Raga's theory you sent my way right? I am looking for some manner of experimenting more with that, but other than my voice I don't really have an instrument capable of producing a quarter step like some of those modes need. I was thinking of some virtual instrument but honestly I don't know where to start looking, do you have any tips in that regard?

Felipe, that is flattering, but I am a rank amateur not qualified to give any "opinions" that actually matter!  

I don't remember what I sent you.. Can you send me a PM, perhaps I could pull out something for you..