Sign in to follow this  
Robert Lunte

Articles: David DiMuzio - STRANGE ADVISE FOR SINGERS?

Rate this topic

No offense David, but if you are going to attack my industry and belittle the numerous GOOD vocal training programs that are out there and, more importantly, spoil the benefits of training with vocal programs for viewers, we'll have to call you out.

David, the point that you have to work your song into the parts in songs, and to do that slowly is a good point. But to tell people to not invest in a vocal training program is misleading, hypocritical and doesn't enhance your message at all. What added value to add to your video by telling people to NOT train their voices with a training program. Could this possibly be because, ... you don't have a vocal program to offer? Because rest assured, if you did, you would not be saying this. Having spoke to you on the phone personally and gotten to know a little bit about what your motivations are, you wouldn't do that.

Making videos on YouTube, makes you a video voice tip guy, not a voice coach David. Which, I suppose is ok, but you need to firm up your details David. If you had 20 to 30 real students a week, you would understand more about what vocal workouts and training are doing and more importantly, how to use it to help students get stronger. All the "work on the notes and parts in the song" point your making, doesn't mean shit... if you can't sing in pitch, can't get a good onset, know nothing about vowels and resonance, have no endurance, and on and on. Apart from the fact that vocal workouts and scales have been used for over 400 years in the art of singing.

Now for the record, I think we should also let people know that .... you actually bought my vocal program, and you purchased Vendera's program and I suspect others. You have benefitted greatly from our content and ideas, and now you steer your viewers away from the same tools you used yourself?

Seriously? You are a talented guy, you make content that doesn't dish your colleagues and advise you viewers to get less educated about singing can't you? May I suggest that you redo this video and simply make your message, "Slow down and work on parts in your songs, and be sure to not only do vocal training".

BTW: Here are all my client reviews from the TVS training program, www.TheFourPillarsofSinging.com... These are real people folks, that have benefitted greatly from my program. http://www.thefourpillarsofsinging.com/reviews/

View full articles

I noticed in his name he has the word lessons in it. So what's the difference between what he's doing and what you are doing? I think he might be a wannabe vocal coach that is contradicting himself by saying stay away from vocal lessons from vocal coaches because vocal lessons are worthless but instead listen to my vocal lessons.

I don't know for sure if that's the case but is sure seems like it from where I sit.

James

P.S. Keep up the good work Rob! I rather listen or take lessons from an actual vocal coach that knows his stuff then some youtuber.

Precisely, this guy is a nice fella. I have met him personally on the phone before... and a good singer. But, he is not a voice coach by professional standards. He is in fact, a "me-too", YouTube'r. I guess thats fine, but it creates misinformation to viewers and only create a LOT more confusion. Something we don't need anymore of in the industry.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this