Sign in to follow this  
Robert Lunte

LOVE SONGS - Women VS. Men - We Don't Have A Chance!

Rate this topic

Women vs Men - Loves Songs  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Do Women Get Better or More Beautiful Love Songs?

ROBERT LUNTE AXIOM FOR THE DAY:

I sang this beautiful classic love song by Handel at the University of Miami "back in the day". Although I doubt as nicely as Richard Lewis does on this performance. While enjoying Richard's rendition, it suddenly dawned on me the following...

Take the most beautiful man and compare him to the most beautiful woman in a beauty contest, and no gent has ever had a chance. In spite of our merits guys, we just are not as "inspiring" for eyes to gaze upon in regards to physical attraction. And that is ok, that is the way nature has set it up. But to my point...

"Humankind" doesn't write songs like this about men... only women get songs like THIS. Oh sure, there is the occasional Pat Benatar, "Fire & Ice" or Tammy Wynette's "Stand By Your Man", we do get a few bones tossed our way fellas, but let's be honest, we never get songs like "Faithfully" by Journey, or "When I Was Your Man" by Bruno Mars, or song like "Where'er You Walk" that has been playing for hundreds of years. Guys get, "You Broke My Heart" songs... but women truly get LOVE songs of such great adoration from us smitten clunky fumbling males. 

In Summary, the power of female attributes, which certainly would include aesthetic beauty, arguably has inspired a greater inspiration to write the greatest love songs through the ages. Thus, nature, or evolutionary biology of the sexes, influences observable and apparently evident differences art of love song composition. I just find that to be an interesting observation.

This song by Handel is what?... 400 years old? Chances are, prior to it being published at the time, it likely existed in an earlier version as a folk song that people ( or guys...), sang around the camp fire, or to try to serenade a woman. 

Guys, Listen to this song and follow the lyrics and tell me that you have never felt this way about a woman? BTW... ladies in case it isn't obvious, this is a compliment to you and yours.

I suspect on a statistical average due to human evolution men have historically had more 'competition' for mates and have more compelling need to woo the ladies due to sexual selection. It probably comes more naturally for men to create wooing songs.

I don't want to get too controversial or offend, and admittedly there's a lot of diversity in both sexes who are extreme outliers in behaviors so we're not a bunch of cloned animals, but on average, I do think this is mostly the case.

If we had a king with 50 wives in the past as a tribe. That tribe could survive. If we had a tribe with a queen and 50 husbands. That tribe couldn't reproduce. I think men have had to find ways to be less redundant historically, whether it be through providing, fighting competition, finding leadership positions, art, courtship, etc, so it probably comes naturally even today to try increase selection value through various displays. The male voice saying what women might want to hear (beautiful, stay with her forever, she's the only one) has been successful.

speaking in terms of classic rock.....what were there, 100-500 guy bands for every Pat Benatar??

There were a few sent our way...

if this doesnt destroy you...you arent a man. This was an automatic crush for my generation

And you make me talk
And you make me feel
And you make me show
What I'm trying to conceal
If I trust in you, would you let me down?
Would you laugh at me, if I said I care for you?
Could you feel the same way too?
I wanna know..

-----------------------

Till now I always got by on my own
I never really cared until I met you
And now it chills me to the bone
How do I get you alone
How do I get you alone

You don't know how long I have wanted
To touch your lips and hold you tight, oh
You don't know how long I have waited
And I was going to tell you tonight
But the secret is still my own
And my love for you is still unknown

-------------------

Its a numbers game.

This girl I grew up with and went to school with....I lost track of her for 30 years lol. I ran across her this past January. She's going though her 2nd divorce. She is still super fine looking etc.

I couldnt resist. I feel head over heels for her.

She was interested in me too but she made it clear, there were "a million" guys trying to go out with her. She says she cant even go jogging because of male comments from passersby etc.

So I wrote her a song for her birthday, which I posted here. (Happy Birthday Sugarboo.)    100% authentically laying out to her how I felt.

Now....what would HER motivation be to spend all day writing me a song?? What am I to her?? Im simply 1 out of a million guys vying for her attention.

From grade school onwards, a girl like her has had CONSTANT male attention. There is zero motivation for a girl like that to spend time writing a song about wanting someone. She could have 5 different dates in the time it takes to write and demo a song

Wait a minute baby
Stay with me awhile
Said you'd give me light
But you never told me about the fire
Drowning in the sea of love
Where everyone would love to drown
But now it's gone
It doesn't matter what for
When you build your house
Then call me home

Case in point for the thread.

This ONE girl...Patti Boyd....was married to both Clapton and G. Harrison.

claptonSKR140706_600x600.jpg

2666770.jpg?w=640&h=360&crop=1

So this ONE girl inspired at LEAST these songs.

(notice the album cover...look familiar lol)

"brushes her long blonde hair"

The history makes this recording interesting lol. Clapton and HArrison doing "Something" which was written by Harrison for their mutual wife Patti lol

Assuming this song was also for her..as was Claptons 5 year heroin addiction

If the topic is "Women Get the Best Love Songs Written For/About Them" Then I guess this one doesn't help us men either. It was also written for/about a woman.   Even with my good looks and dapper wit I could never inspire this kind of passion. Oh well, It will not stop me from trying. :D

Good one MD!

Here's another I've-been-screwed-over tune...LOL You younger guys, listen past the slow moving intro!!

I love turning you younger lads on to some great music, you could easily have not been, or may never be exposed to..:headbang:

Well, this thread majorly depressed me...BUT I did get a song out of it lol. I wrote me a nice acoustic tear jerker. Im gonna put Harry Chapin outta bizness!   Oh wait, he's dead. NVMND. Its a cool song though

Some women can sing love songs originally written for a male voice. I think I am the only one that likes this. It's kind of campy, which is the beauty of it.

Let the hating begin, again.

\m/