Rate this topic

"White Rabbit" Tribute!

I am proud to share a performance and production of Jefferson Airplane's classic, "White Rabbit". SaraEllen has been training with TVS for about two years. Excellent job SaraEllen! LOVE the curbing vowel resonance, steady embouchure, and "snappy" glottal attacks on the vowels, apart from the interpretation that captures the nuances we coached and discussed. Sounds great, looks great, a kick ass production and worthy achievement! Coach.

Yesterday I tried my hand at White Rabbit.

Major belting marathon.....interval jumps....power and breath control...it's all there. Guys are always trying for these stratospheric high notes.  Give this one a try.

It covers A3 to B4, but it's a real workout.  These are the songs (to me) to be learning.

Grace Slick said Pink was one of the few she felt had the power and voice to do it justice.

White Rabbit is one hell of a tune that demands (especially for the average guy) mastery of that all important/difficult mid range.  If you can pull that one off consistently I think you are a lot of the ways there.  Great job Sara :)

Yes, this song is VERY difficult to sing... great for holding a belt configuration and narrowing. In addition to those singers... my student SaraEllen kick ass at it. An almost perfect execution.

I say Pink's version, I was not impressed, didn't like it.

Great job Sara.

1 hour ago, VideoHere said:

Yesterday I tried my hand at White Rabbit.

Major belting marathon.....interval jumps....power and breath control...it's all there. Guys are always trying for these stratospheric high notes.  Give this one a try.

It covers A3 to B4, but it's a real workout.  These are the songs (to me) to be learning.

Grace Slick said Pink was one of the few she felt had the power and voice to do it justice.

Grace is another one who says that she cannot sing but yells on pitch. It is also believed that she did not have structured training, but she did have at least a few meetings with Judy Davis. As did other singers who most think did not have lessons.

Some singing IS yelling on pitch.  But the word "yelling" has a negative connotation.

The "eh" is a yelly-sounding vowel. You can yell with technique.  I think CVT called it Overdrive?

The trick is to yell with freedom and resonance.

Another challenge in that song is managing the continuous changes in air pressure as you go to different vowels and change dynamics.