Rate this topic

Robert Lunte

Vocal Onsets - What Are They?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which TVS Vocal Onsets Have You Practiced Before?

• Track & Release
    • Pulse & Release
    • Wind & Release
    • Quack & Release
    • Dampen & Release
    • Attack & Release
    • Contract & Release
    • Messa di Voce & Release

24 minutes ago, The Future Vocalist said:

Man all this vocal terminology and techniques is making my head hurt. I feel like Gilligan when the Professor is talking :24:

It's OK little buddy. As long as we have people like the Professor around We'll get off this little island.

17 hours ago, ronws said:

If I may be bold, I think you hit the nail on the head, Kevin. The devil is in the details and subtlety requires stopping and thinking, instead of just scanning over some words.

indeed, i was trying to answer with memory but finally gave in and looked it up. you're right though, if i had calmly thought about it for a bit, I would have remembered the specific sequence of steps involved with M&R, and that the question was focused on the 8 specialized onsets, and not inclusive of the acoustic onsets.

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Kevin Ashe said:

indeed, i was trying to answer with memory but finally gave in and looked it up. you're right though, if i had calmly thought about it for a bit, I would have remembered the specific sequence of steps involved with M&R, and that the question was focused on the 8 specialized onsets, and not inclusive of the acoustic onsets.

Time Stamp: 1:47 ... Kevin discovers the M&R Onset Work Flow!