Rate this topic

Hi guys, as some of you may know I am the happy owner of a vocal effects unit by Digitech (Vocalist Live FX), which I rely on to get a great sound when I'm performing or during band practice. I am not disputing which brand is the best/worst, but as I just stumbled on this short list from 2016, I thought it would be cool to share it with fellow members. I hope you enjoy it.

Keep on Rocking!

https://www.gearank.com/guides/vocal-effects-pedal

Cool!

I have a "parent" of the Harmony - XT, the Correct - XT from TC Helicon. Really great piece of hardware, its been years since I got it and its still in perfect condition, and it does the stuff that is more critical for me on live settings: Feedback control, dynamics and EQ processing. Simple, high quality and easy to use. Could use a built-in reverb but this is often avaiable on any mixing console out there.

Very cool.. thanks Gnee!  I'm all over that!!

Making calls to these kinds of companies right now so we can do some campaigns in here... which would include, giving away pedals to winners of the "Win New Vocal Gear" contest.

Also, out at the The Vocal Gear Store , you can find a special section that offers all the top vocal EFX pedals.

2 hours ago, Felipe Carvalho said:

Cool!

I have a "parent" of the Harmony - XT, the Correct - XT from TC Helicon. Really great piece of hardware, its been years since I got it and its still in perfect condition, and it does the stuff that is more critical for me on live settings: Feedback control, dynamics and EQ processing. Simple, high quality and easy to use. Could use a built-in reverb but this is often avaiable on any mixing console out there.

Before I decided on my unit, I did an extensive research on multi-effects and pedal effects. The TC-Helicon seems to be the usual choice, followed by Boss, an then Digitech, although there are a few more companies out there, these are the ones getting all the action. If you don't use the harmonies, and need compressor, EQ, De-esser, reverb, and delay, I think you should definitely go for the mic mechanic. The simplest setup ever with a great sound. I think the only problem is that it doesn't store user presets. And I don't remember how it sets up the delay, as some units actually listen to your voice, the room, the music, in order to calculate delay. I know Mic mechanic listens to your voice and does fine tuning on compressor, de-esser, feedback, and EQ in real time. Really great features for such a simple design. I love mine, even though I barely scratch the surface of editing. Still, I like being able to save presets, and the set list function. Not to mention the effects. Cheers

1 hour ago, Robert Lunte said:

Very cool.. thanks Gnee!  I'm all over that!!

Making calls to these kinds of companies right now so we can do some campaigns in here... which would include, giving away pedals to winners of the "Win New Vocal Gear" contest.

Also, out at the The Vocal Gear Store , you can find a special section that offers all the top vocal EFX pedals.

Yeah! My pleasure Rob. I know you are a big fan of the Voice Live 2 (TC) right?! It would be great to get them to sponsor some gifts! I tried a few times on Facebook with TC-Helicon, but never got anything. LOL

I think that it could be very interesting to do a review/comparison between a few units, at least the comparable ones, such as the TC-Helicon's Voice Tone, Voice Live, Singles, against Digitech Vocalists Live models, and Boss VE-20. Then, compare the big guns: Voice Live 2 x Digitech Live 5. But I think it should be the same guy on the vocals and same microphones, switching only the effects units.

So, what you think, up to the task? I don't know anyone else who owns or may get their hands on several units...;)

BTW, I don't think there are any videos on Youtube dealing with this...

Yes, its a cool idea but...

1). I don't have time for do a project like that unless Im being paid for it.

2). TC-Helicon was purchased by a big , fat behemoth, www.music-group.com ... they got swallowed up. They are still making products, but now it is impossible to find anyone to talk to... 

I'm working on it.

microphone

40 minutes ago, Robert Lunte said:

Yes, its a cool idea but...

1). I don't have time for do a project like that unless Im being paid for it.

2). TC-Helicon was purchased by a big , fat behemoth, www.music-group.com ... they got swallowed up. They are still making products, but now it is impossible to find anyone to talk to... 

I'm working on it.

microphone

I didn't know about TC-Helicon. I'm shocked. I hope they continue to make great products. Regarding the video, it is too bad you don't have the time to do it, but of course I totally understand. Cheers

11 hours ago, Felipe Carvalho said:

heheh you guys can always send me a couple of these units and I will gladly test them all for you, ;)

Yeah! It sure sounds like fun Felipe! :4:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this