Sign in to follow this  
Cestm0i

Vocal Pedals - Questions

Rate this topic

I'm after playing with VFX live, starting with an Art Tube MP preamp. 

Don't want to spend loads on something That might not work out so I'm looking for some pedals to play with around the £20 mark.

I know there are a lot of great Vocal pedals out there that do everything for a princely sum. However, I'm a sound engineer at heart and have the budget to spend a little at a time on a custom setup.

Any suggestions on effects that work well with vox would also be appreciated.

The Art Tube should give me a little overdrive if I push it and I like a bit of Mogwai so maybe some tremolo would work for that, but any old pedals that people have sat around begging for a new home would be a great place to start.

I have a Roland GS-6 rack-mount digital effects / modeler that I bought used at a pawn shop in 1990. You could always do something like that. Look on ebay. mis-spell it on purpose. Most people who can't spell a name correctly don't know how much it is worth and you can get some super "barn car" deals.

Barn car deal is where someone had something like a 69 Dodge Charger that belonged to a grandson and it sat in the barn collecting dust and they want to get rid of it and won't take less than 500 dollars.

A friend of mine talked a young guy at a junk yard out of a 1954 Harley-Davidson panhead for 50 dollars. Trust me, that is like taking candy from a baby.

Modernly, a lot of guys are using Line 6 Pod for all sorts of things.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this