Land Down Under

Rate this topic

This song is part of my regular practice set. I perform it at parties, campfires, whereever.

I put some compression on this. Low threshhold, low ratio, as it has quite a dynamic range. Short attack.

The slightest of echo, which gives it a small club feel.

You are supposed to ignore that the 2nd string (b string) was going out of tune as I played. Others have told me that my voice is the most "bluesy" on this song. I can't figure out why I get this tone on this song, it's just the feel I have for it. I really concentrated on not singing too loud.

Again, this is a "live recording." Guitar and vocals at the same time. But it was the second take.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8750209/land%20down%20under%20-%20live.mp3

Great job, Ron! I think where you have improved recently is that you are more relaxed and confident with a capital C. And it shows and it sounds like you're having fun and really connecting to the song. What you might work on is slightly clearer pronounciation of the words and singing more optimal vowels. Have a good one!

Thanks, jonpall. This is more relaxing for me because this is how I am used to peforming a song, with guitar in hand, as I imagine it is for you, as well. Example, your video of "Whole Lotta Love." People thought you should have connected with the camera more but I think you were in your natural element, which made it a strong performance. At the beginning of this song, I really get into the lyric. "Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a heavy trail, head full of zombie." "Translation: driving in a combination recreational vehicle in the outback, fried on marijuana. Kind of a lethargic feel to it.