Robert Lunte

Metallica Tribute - "Enter Sandman"

Rate this topic

Metallica!  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Are you familiar with this song?

• Yes.
    • No.
  2. 2. Have you tried to sing this song before?

• Yes.
    • No.

Working with Maestro Ross Jelf was a huge pleasure! Ross came to Seattle to train the first 20 hours of our 40 hour training required for TVS Certified Instruction. It was particularly fun to train with Ross because I was working with a world class musician. Someone that understands how to sing with years of experience, but contemporary training techniques and singing colors are new. Be sure to check out the story below and then the performance!

Well Done! Maestro Ross Jelf exemplifies what all singers & musicians should aspire to. Step out of your comfort zone and expand your knowledge, ability, and versatility. He did a remarkable job applying his training to this piece.  It's important to note that most songs you learn (for performing) take many run throughs (live and rehearsing) to reach your personal best! 

Rob, I would have loved to be a fly on the wall to view you coaching him through the challenges of the song (video idea).  

Ross' story was especially interesting for me as my background is rock music, and I joined a choir a few years back. The choir conductor becomes the critical factor as he/she performs a dizzying, multi-tasking, endeavor of guiding all the singers with their individual parts, fluidly!  Blending with other singers, and being of one mind when it comes to the dynamics of the song, is an alternate universe from lead sining rock songs!

Each genre has it's own unique vocal demands, which widen's the spectrum of techniques you rely on to sing it well. A very good thing, and why I recommend discovering a way to "step out of your comfort zone!"