Gimme Some Time - an original by ronws

• TMV World Legacy Member

I first wrote this song back in 1990. This song has no relation to the recent submissions of acoustic stuff I have been doing. It just happens to be an acoustic ballad. Can you guess the influences?

"Gimme Some Time" - an original by Ron Stone, copyright 1990.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8750209/Gimme%20Some%20Time.mp3

Hi ronws,

Listened to 2 of your tracks, I think your voice really compliments accustic work...I'm new to vocals, so I can't add detailed feedback as well as others, but suffice to say, this is a great song.

So, here's the details. As far as recording goes, I recorded the acoustic and vocals at the same time. "Live," as it were. The solo and fills I did on a second track with the Flying V jacked in the the Roland GS-6 unit with more attention paid to levels. Compression on both tracks but no eq.

This song just came to me, about 21 years ago. I woke up next to my lovely first wife, Deidre, and this melody was in my head. So, I had to get up and find what key it's in. The Key of G. I couldn't find my original lyric sheet and could only remember the first stanza and chorus. So, I re-wrote the rest of the song and came up with a stronger bridge than the original. One of the few times a song just came together, seemingly out of thin air.

Influences. The opening chord changes were somewhat inspired by "When the Children Cry" by White Lion. But the feel of the song, the lyrics, the vocal line, that all fed off of "Patience" by Guns and Roses. As did the solo, inspired by the loose, fluid blues of Slash.