Sign in to follow this  
2 cats in a dust bin

Some kind of pitch app/ windows program wanted

Rate this topic

10 hours ago, Draven Grey said:

The top note was usually C6, so C4 was two octave from the top, but I could change it too.

I am just wondering about those 61 key pianos for sale on ebay like the one I listed above (link seams to be broken)

What do you think the highest note is on them?

1 hour ago, 2 cats in a dust bin said:

I am just wondering about those 61 key pianos for sale on ebay like the one I listed above (link seams to be broken)

What do you think the highest note is on them?

Like I said, C6. But you can also transpose (change the octave/note up or down). I don't know if the MQ-6106 does it, but most of the MQ series does, so I imagine the 6016 does too.

3 hours ago, Draven Grey said:

Like I said, C6. But you can also transpose (change the octave/note up or down). I don't know if the MQ-6106 does it, but most of the MQ series does, so I imagine the 6016 does too.

Ow dear! you see the thing is I am pushing C6 note at the moment and hope to go up another note in a few weeks and if C6 is the highest the piano will go then it will not be a lot of use to me.

So have I got this right then. A 61 key piano has 35 white keys and key 1 (the first key) is C1, key 8 is C2, key 15 is C3, key 22 is C4, key 29 is C5 and key 36 (the last key) is C6?

Also what you said before is there is no pop music that goes above the top key (C6) is that correct then?

Thanks

2CIADB

I don't remember saying that. It's not true. However, Middle-C is C4. C6 is ridiculously high. Are you sure that's how high you're singing? Many females can't even sing that high. I can only sing it because I've been developing whistle voice in order to keep up with the few natural Soprano students I've had. Out of hundreds of students, I've only ever had one male student who could very comfortably sing in a Soprano range. He was very advanced, and could get up to a G#5.

Also, I never said the keyboard can't go above C6. I said that's the top note on the default key assignment, but it can be transposed (pitch shifted) on most MQ models. I don't know if the 6101 can transpose, but I imagine it does since the others do. By transposing, even my 25-key keyboard can play passed human hearing range, both high and low.

Based upon how you've been talking about it, it sounds like you may not know much about keyboards and piano, which may end up a very frustrating experience for you. I've mentioned it before, an app like "Learn to Sing - SingSharp" or "Vocal Trainer - Learn to Sing" would serve you much better. If you still have the same phone that limited you before, then perhaps a keyboard or guitar (if you can play one already) would help instead. Even an electronic pitch wheel might serve your purpose. Just be warned, a cheap synthesizer keyboards like you linked to are often very poor quality too. Plus, learning piano at the same time you're learning to sing can be an emotional nightmare.

That said, there are plenty of great pre-recorded scales and the like in The Four Pillars of Singing that would suit your purposes extremely well. Not to mention everything else you would get out of the course. even if you were only watching or downloading the materials a few at a time when you had a wi-fi connection.

5 minutes ago, Draven Grey said:

I don't remember saying that. It's not true. However, Middle-C is C4. C6 is ridiculously high. Are you sure that's how high you're singing? Many females can't even sing that high. I can only sing it because I've been developing whistle voice in order to keep up with the few natural Soprano students I've had. Out of hundreds of students, I've only ever had one male student who could very comfortably sing in a Soprano range. He was very advanced, and could get up to a G#5.

Also, I never said the keyboard can't go above C6. I said that's the top note on the default key assignment, but it can be transposed (pitch shifted) on most MQ models. I don't know if the 6101 can transpose, but I imagine it does since the others do. By transposing, even my 25-key keyboard can play passed human hearing range, both high and low.

Based upon how you've been talking about it, it sounds like you may not know much about keyboards and piano, which may end up a very frustrating experience for you. I've mentioned it before, an app like "Learn to Sing - SingSharp" or "Vocal Trainer - Learn to Sing" would serve you much better. If you still have the same phone that limited you before, then perhaps a keyboard or guitar (if you can play one already) would help instead. Even an electronic pitch wheel might serve your purpose. Just be warned, a cheap synthesizer keyboards like you linked to are often very poor quality too. Plus, learning piano at the same time you're learning to sing can be an emotional nightmare.

That said, there are plenty of great pre-recorded scales and the like in The Four Pillars of Singing that would suit your purposes extremely well. Not to mention everything else you would get out of the course. even if you were only watching or downloading the materials a few at a time when you had a wi-fi connection.

Wow, I didn't know you bothered with whistle voice. Where does your falsetto cut off?

Cats, I was trying to help pick out a keyboard for you. That link doesn't link to any one specific keyboard, but some of them aren't even available for you to buy. Also, a number of these appear to be toys. I'm not sure what kind of budget you have, but it's probably better to go by the "you have to pay to play" philosophy here, because these may not last. I also worry about you getting confused if one of these starts making an improper note.

I think I might have mentioned this to you before, but Pillars seems to be everything you want. Downloadable vocal workout files, tons of exercises, you'll learn how to do those belts properly, etc. If you can buy that, I'd say to do it. That's going to make a huge difference.

On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 7:18 AM, Draven Grey said:

Well just to clarify things; at the end of my training session I have a go at pushing the highest and lowest notes I can on ee. The second note of this piano and the last two on the piano is what I am working on at the moment. http://www.kongregate.com/games/buttonbass1/player-organ

But I am most interested to know about this student of your who could sing up to G5, what was his natural voice? (ie baritone tenor or counter tenor)?

How often do you think contemporary songs played on the piano go above C6?

I used to have 2 tables before that would allow me to run things like sing sharp and stuff, by they got broke and I will not buy another one as I think they are a complete con! they don't let you use an external mouse or let you use a pen to scroll round the screen (unlike the sat nav) only the £400 wuppydo tablet version allows for this such unadvanced methods, so I can not navigate round the screen and click all the boxes with my fingers so therefor they are all not fit for purpose. And I don't have a yuppie phone too! But this sing sharp stuff will not not work on a windows O/S like my laptop or PC.

Its just that MDEW said he though the small kids keyboard would do the job regarding pitching and making my own scales and stuff and I could learn to play the piano from it too. But I get the impression you are not impressed with this cheap stuff made in Chana and sold on ebay will not work and or not play the right note, if it cant hit the right note to the right key then all that will happen to the keyboard is my log splitting axe will hit it instead

I got a new connection of 20GB/ month and after contacting about 1/2 dozen people who declined my request or never got back to me, I finally found myself an online teacher. Infact his name is Davie and runs the forum harmonycentral. the forum crap though, hardaly anyone uses it and those that do most of them (in my opinion) are a waste of space. Infact I could count on one hard the people on that forum that are actually worth bother with. But that said I am happy with Davies training for now.

I had budgeted myself 2GB/ hour for a skype call. But I think with skype if you don't get a fast connection (which I don't) then that gets limited, luckily I only used 0.8 GB with my skype call to Davie and I am well impressed with that as the skype call was good enough quality for what we needed. But if I was to sit and watch videos on youtube and stuff I could see my data allowance gone within an hours video a week and I know that a lot of the videos in the four pillars are quite long too

On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 7:42 AM, Gsoul82 said:

Cats, I was trying to help pick out a keyboard for you. That link doesn't link to any one specific keyboard, but some of them aren't even available for you to buy. Also, a number of these appear to be toys. I'm not sure what kind of budget you have, but it's probably better to go by the "you have to pay to play" philosophy here, because these may not last. I also worry about you getting confused if one of these starts making an improper note.

Its just that MDEW said a kids keyboard would be fine. But I always like to avoid spending money if I do not have to

But hear was the link of keyboards I saw for sale and there are over 1000 to chose from https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xkeyboard+piano.TRS0&_nkw=keyboard+piano&_sacat=0

There would appere to be a problem with link, when you click the above link it redirects you to a different web site/ page, kindly copy the link and paste into your web address browser

Thanks

On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 7:42 AM, Gsoul82 said:

I think I might have mentioned this to you before, but Pillars seems to be everything you want. Downloadable vocal workout files, tons of exercises, you'll learn how to do those belts properly, etc. If you can buy that, I'd say to do it. That's going to make a huge difference.

I took your advice before and managed to find myself an online teacher, he made me some recording from his piano and emailed them across. But I still think it would be better if I could record them myself though

19 hours ago, 2 cats in a dust bin said:

Its just that MDEW said a kids keyboard would be fine. But I always like to avoid spending money if I do not have to

You will want something that is at least in the $50 US and up in price range. A 61 key standard key size will work for you.

What I was meaning about the child's toy being OK to learn on, is that All keyboards have the same layout. The black keys and white keys create the same pattern. . A "C" note will always be the white key before the pattern of 2 black keys separated by two white keys side by side. SOME child's toys still have full size keys. They are just cheaper and do not sound as good as professional keyboards. You can learn how to make chords and play melodies even on a small keyboard. Finger placement will be the same no matter what kind or size of keyboard you get. Will it be comfortable on your fingers and sound great? Probably not.

10 hours ago, MDEW said:

You will want something that is at least in the $50 US and up in price range. A 61 key standard key size will work for you.

What I was meaning about the child's toy being OK to learn on, is that All keyboards have the same layout. The black keys and white keys create the same pattern. . A "C" note will always be the white key before the pattern of 2 black keys separated by two white keys side by side. SOME child's toys still have full size keys. They are just cheaper and do not sound as good as professional keyboards. You can learn how to make chords and play melodies even on a small keyboard. Finger placement will be the same no matter what kind or size of keyboard you get. Will it be comfortable on your fingers and sound great? Probably not.

OK so can anyone recommend me a keyboard from this online action site please (trying to keep the to money down LOL)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xpiano+keyboard.TRS0&_nkw=piano+keyboard&_sacat=0

Thanks

2CIADB

P.S. what do you think about those roll up keyboards