I need honest feedback for my singing progress please.

• TMV World Member

For the past few months i have started seriously practicing to improve my singing voice. this is a difficult thing to do since my singing voice is probably one of the worst you have ever heard. I tried so many different techniques on my voice but all my attempts resulted in tragedy.....until today default_mellow.png

I understand That I still have a very long way to go before my voice becomes somewhat decent, but I think I made break through today, I think I may be on the right path but I would love to get some honest feedback for my singing. I feel that if I continue to practice and train my voice the wrong way, that i might actually develop bad singing habits, honestly I think I already have done this and it is horrible. I would love to hear if you guys think I should keep practicing or just give up.

So the craziest thing happened today, I was just chilling doing nothing when a random yawn hit me, believe or not but this yawn is what helped me improve my voice 10 fold. as i let out the yawn I heard and felt my voice make a beautiful sound, I then applied the same  technique of yawning into my way of singing, its hard to explain but its like I simply opened up the back of my throat and sing from the inside of my chest/stomach area.

I know my voice is not good, but I do think I made some decent progress, keep in mind that i literally just learned this new way of singing a few hours ago so i intend to practice using this technique unless you guys think I  should continue searching for a better way of singing.  

I uploaded 2 recordings, one is labeled "before" and the other is labeled "after" 

the "before" recording is from last night and the "after" is from this morning.

https://www.chirbit.com/xxdutchiexx/playlist/nmHGa

• Administrator

Welcome back Mike,

The opportunity to request a review of your singing is FREE. 

A guaranteed review requires a reasonable fee of $20.

http://www.themodernvocalistworld.com/store/category/2-membership-plans/

Respectfully,

Adolph

Adolph C. Namlik
Administrator ~ The Modern Vocalist World
Western N.Y.

Email : chief188@hughes.net
716~257~9606
"My Life's A Stage"

• TMV World Member
1 hour ago, Robert Lunte said:

Hi Mike, what are you training? Are you a student of The Four Pillars of Singing

when I say "training", I am referring to the muscles I use while singing, I dont have a vocal instructor/teacher. I am afraid that i may end up forming really bad vocal habits if I "train" or practice singing the wrong way. Im not sure if I am using my voice the wrong or right way when signing, last thing i need is for my vocals to get adapted to singing in a horrible manner.

1 hour ago, Mike Green said:

when I say "training", I am referring to the muscles I use while singing, I dont have a vocal instructor/teacher. I am afraid that i may end up forming really bad vocal habits if I "train" or practice singing the wrong way. Im not sure if I am using my voice the wrong or right way when signing, last thing i need is for my vocals to get adapted to singing in a horrible manner.

If you practice the wrong way, you will definitely develop bad habits. That's not to say that you can't learn good habits too, but trial and error is a very ineffective way to learn. Training is different than practicing.  In training, you follow a training regiment that gets you to the results you want i(using both strength and coordination) with tried and proven routines/exercises.

Two things:

1. The examples you gave are not complete. The first sample has no voice. But it really doesn't matter because...
  2. You're singing from your throat, rather than the soft palate. The following video can help, but a short youtube video will fall drastically short of what training can do for you. If you truly want to learn to sing, The Four Pillars of Singing will be the best purchase you've ever made.