Another new song from Snax and Bitter Truth

Rate this topic

Another new song from my group Bitter Truth! This one's called Reap What You Sow... https://files.me.com/muskysnax/r1pzua.mp3

All music by Paul Hill. All vocals and lyrics by me.

EDIT...I just changed the link to a better mix of the track.

I swear on any bible you present me, this could have easily been Judas Priest. Not just because you sound like Halford. The phrasing, lyrics presenting an actual story, arrangement. What do I have to do to convince a crazy canuck he should be on stage?

Nice distortion. I have been practicing that myself. Going back through Vendera's material and re-approaching the rattle distortion from an easy onset, I found it wasn't so hard as I thought it was and I knew what I was doing wrong before. The underlying phonation has to be light to add distortion. Most times, I am singing full voice, all the way to the top, which is hard to add distortion on, save for whatever buzzing I can get in the soft palate. Sorry to digress, I'm just jazzed that I know now what it is you are doing.

Hey thanks Ron! It's funny because I use that same method of attaining the distortion that you mentioned and I also got it from Vendera. The voice I've been using on the Bitter truth tracks is my own natural tone without me trying to emulate another vocalist. My influences are there loud and proud but the style is very natural for me.

Thanks so much! I just changed the link you guys heard to a revised version of the song. I fixed a few timing issues and did some other tweaking to the vocal effects and levels here and there. It sounds even better now! :)