Sign in to follow this  
zijin_cheng

Vocal recording does not sound like me at all?

Rate this topic

@zijin_cheng I recommend Reaper over Audacity. You can use their fully capable demo indefinitely, until you're ready to purchase, and even then, they're still relatively inexpensive. Their plugins aren't as visual as other software, but that also make you learn each one better.

17 hours ago, Draven Grey said:

@zijin_cheng I recommend Reaper over Audacity. You can use their fully capable demo indefinitely, until you're ready to purchase, and even then, they're still relatively inexpensive. Their plugins aren't as visual as other software, but that also make you learn each one better.

Thanks Draven. Does Reaper or Audacity have a bigger 3rd party plugin library (paid and free) for basic stuff like compressors, reverb, equalizers etc. And does that matter for an amateur like me?

15 hours ago, Felipe Carvalho said:

@zijin_cheng if you are using the default reverb plugin from Audacity now, changing to Reaverb and some high quality Impulse Response profiles will make a huge difference. You could even record your own room response and use it on the program if you wish so.

Thanks I'll try that.

11 hours ago, zijin_cheng said:

Thanks Draven. Does Reaper or Audacity have a bigger 3rd party plugin library (paid and free) for basic stuff like compressors, reverb, equalizers etc. And does that matter for an amateur like me?

best thing about Reaper is the community aspect. they have a great forum with lots of friendly experts https://forum.cockos.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20

Reaper is DEEP in features. ive used it for a few years and only barely scratched the surface. it comes with a lot of good plugins too. And TBH the internet is chock full of free plug ins for stuff Reaper might be weak in (like reverb)

you can google stuff like "best free reverb vst 2018" or "best free plug ins" and get plenty of hits