Sign in to follow this  
DisgustingVoice

How long do i have to warm up for 3-4 hours of singing?

Rate this topic

So in the last week i started singing at least 3 hours a day, i would like to do it more often but i'm too paranoid about vocal health. I really hate vocal warmup. I used to never to do it, now i started doing it occasionally after i became aware of the risks of not doing it I'm not able to do a lip roll for whatever reason. I always get frustrated from not being able to do it, so i often just skip it and go over to singing some easier songs and then go over to the harder one. However i always fear that i might push my voice too far, that i overtrain it, that i'm doing it wrong. I'm really fearful of losing my voice. I mean i hardly ever scream, yet i feel like i overuse it. My voice is everything that i have. Honestly singing is the only thing in life that makes happy. Losing it would be horrifying. I always feel that my voice hurts or sounds hoarse after some time. I'm afraid i might develop vocal nodules or have already devloped them.

So how can i a.) use my voice as much and often as i can, get the full potential out of it and b.) avoid any vocal damage or vocal surgery. That would be horrifying.

inb4 get voice lessons

there is such a thing as worrying too much lol.

no need to overthink warming up. I start with humming/buzzing and then gradually build up from there

There is no time limit on it! it will all depend upon you and how you fell the warm ups have effect and stop having effect

IMHO it is more important that you concentrate on the types of warm up you are doing and making sure they are done correctly