My new band!

Rate this topic

So I'm new to this forum anyway and I'd like to post my singing for you to listen and critique! We recorded two songs live at a band practice today, you can hear them here:

http://www.myspace.com/thirdray

I have a good vision and I get many ideas on what to practice and do better next time just listening to those. I'd also love to hear critique from another perspective, so please!

I also did this at home, just improvising something funny to Stand by me :)

http://maihinnousu.net/s/10692

Oh and I also play the guitar in that band.

You've got some excellent soul in your voice and I could see you doing R & B in any form, including the crossover style of say, Huey Lewis and the News, though you have a cleaner voice than Huey Lewis. Sweet high note. Your voice reminds me of the higher ranged guy in Head East.

"Never Been Any Reason" , live, by Head East.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, cool stuff there. Good vocals, cool rock vocals at the end and then you have a guitarist who sounds like he's been influenced by Slash - tasty playing. Both of you are very good. Your voice got out of pitch once or twice and it might need more emotion on the low parts, but I'm just nitpicking here. Good stuff and a good band! I'm scandinavian as well and a big rock and GNR fan. If you want you can hit me with a line on MSN here: j_g_thorarinsson@hotmail.com.

"Good vocals, cool rock vocals at the end and then you have a guitarist who sounds like he's been influenced by Slash - tasty playing. Both of you are very good."

I do both, play the guitar and sing :) Wow I can't believe you just picked up my Slash influences from my playing, I feel so proud now...! Thank you very much!

"Your voice got out of pitch once or twice and it might need more emotion on the low parts, but I'm just nitpicking here."

Not nitpicking at all, you nailed it. That's what I'm thinking too.

Hey, I do the same as well - I play lead guitar and sing lead vocals. I can do a good version of the Sweet child o' mine solo, f.ex. and some attempt at Steve Vai's For the love of god, which you can find here: www.reverbnation.com/jongunnar. I'll say that you're an unusually good guitar player with just the right balance between technique and feel. And since you're in the process of nailing that rock tenor sound - that's just scary :) . Just wow. Have a nice one, dude!