Just started my first studio CD need feedback please.

• TMV World Legacy Member

http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/ernestwhaley

Is where I have some of the songs that will be on the CD.

If you have a moment please take a listen and let me know what style of singing seems to suit me best.

Thank you for the feedback so far, and if you hear specific qualities I should work on, feel free to let me know! :)

Blessings and Balance,

Ernest

Not A Perfect Man.

Thank you Robert.

I don't do any vocalizing, except occasionally in my car on the way to and from work.

Mainly long vowels, going up and down the scale.

So as you can hear my voice is not as polished, and well mannered as it could be. :)

I was hoping to get some feedback on how my voice was or was not working in the context of the songs, as you may have heard, my songs cut across a lot of genres.

Any and all tips would be appreciated.

Blessings and Balance,

Ernest

Not A Perfect Man.

I listened to "Broken Windows" and thought, what a great, light, dusty blues voice. A tone that people would give their right arm for.

Then I listened to "When we were young." It sounded balladic, for sure and your voice was great but I didn't get a connection as a listener.

"One Voice." Now that's a rock song. And you sounded solid. Right in the groove. A song that Black Crowes could have wished they had written but their singer, bless his heart, couldn't get the tone this song needed, which you have like sap from a tree, honey from a hive.

Just as an idiot member of the buying public, if you haven't produced and released "One Voice," you should. And include "Broken Windows." Who do I think I am? An A & R guy? Why, the very nerve of me.:P

Excellent sound and I think there's a market for your. It's funny that "One Voice," which sounds like a rock song to me, also has a better blues connection thanks to the harmonized yet counterpointed riffs and arpeggios.

Good stuff. Press it and release it. Time's wasting.

http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/ernestwhaley

Is where I have some of the songs that will be on the CD.

If you have a moment please take a listen and let me know what style of singing seems to suit me best.

Thank you for the feedback so far, and if you hear specific qualities I should work on, feel free to let me know!

Blessings and Balance,

Ernest

Not A Perfect Man.

It could be a good sign. That you are where you need to be. That others feel no need to comment. Why fix something if it ain't broke? Plus, a number of members here are mostly into hard rock, heavy metal, things of that nature. You have a very sophisticated, yet organic sound. A fine balance, indeed. In my opinion, singing is not all about technique, though having some technique is always helpful. It's about feeling. Technique should serve the feeling, as well as the longetivity of the singer.