How can you make head voice more stronger?

Rate this topic

LuiC345

Hi, my name is Lui and I've been singing for nearly a year now.

I study by Singing Success and my vocal coach. My vocal coach told me that it's OK to use falsetto or a weak head voice to create a foundation of it.

So, I've erased my breaks now and could hit a Male high C, but my head voice sounds too hooty. It almost sounds like an owl. I hear many Speech Level Singing teachers who tell their students to develop a mix and make their head voice sound "chesty", so it's like a powerful Opera head voice sound.

So when I do my head voice, there's resonance in my head, nose, cheeks and the roof of my mouth. Sometimes, I feel a little dizzy feeling that resonance. So does that mean I'm in my head voice?

I'm just asking you guys coz I need some other people's opinion, that's all. I hear there's many helpful people down here that tell about singing.

Thanks!

I study by Singing Success and my vocal coach. My vocal coach told me that it's OK to use falsetto or a weak head voice to create a foundation of it.

So, I've erased my breaks now and could hit a Male high C, but my head voice sounds too hooty. It almost sounds like an owl. I hear many Speech Level Singing teachers who tell their students to develop a mix and make their head voice sound "chesty", so it's like a powerful Opera head voice sound.

So when I do my head voice, there's resonance in my head, nose, cheeks and the roof of my mouth. Sometimes, I feel a little dizzy feeling that resonance. So does that mean I'm in my head voice?

I'm just asking you guys coz I need some other people's opinion, that's all. I hear there's many helpful people down here that tell about singing.

Thanks!

LuiC345: Welcome! How about posting a recording so we can hear you? :-)

Thanks!

Yes.

Now, smile a little, allow the jaw to drop a little, let the tongue rest where it may without flattening it, and give some light tension to the abdominals as if you were gently coaxing yourself while on the commode. What does that do?

Hmm...I find it kinda hard to execute actually. What I meant was a mixed voice where you blend head and chest. All I can ever do is go to chest and then drift (not flip, I already erased my breaks, and my head voice is slightly weak, some would say lack of compression) to head voice. Like a legato scale or doing "Nays" or "MUm"s, I find it easy, and nearly without effort, but no mix

Thanks

Hmm...I find it kinda hard to execute actually. What I meant was a mixed voice where you blend head and chest. All I can ever do is go to chest and then drift (not flip, I already erased my breaks, and my head voice is slightly weak, some would say lack of compression) to head voice. Like a legato scale or doing "Nays" or "MUm"s, I find it easy, and nearly without effort, but no mix

LuiC345:Though I think the term 'mix' is a misnomer, If you currently 'drift' from chest voice to head voice, then that fits the description of a mix, does it not?