Jeff Buckley So Real Cover at Open Mic Night

• TMV World Member

As if there is a fee for feedback on songs? this is exploitation at best.:24: I mean come on? The music industry is laughable at times. $20 for a stranger to comment over the internet..world has gone mad.. From one peer to another, Sandwich I thought your voice is so very unique, I actually haven't heard this song by Jeff Buckley. You have a very wide range, and you nailed the high notes, some of them were slightly flat (only a few, seriously) but you carried the song well and did it justice, considering I haven't heard it I can only judge on what I have heard now. it was quite difficult to hear at times due to the recording and it would be awesome to hear a studio recording of your vocals. Your voice reminds me of Matthew Bellamy (Muse Lead singer), have you ever covered any of their songs? would be awesome to hear you cover one of their songs, I think you would smash it. With further vocal training you would kick arse. Keep it up dude :) 

• Administrator

Thanks for your response and review. I am the owner of this forum. I am also exceedingly busy. To give a real review, which you did not provide, it takes time and expertise. I am not making a half-assed post with an amateur opinion. I want to actually help people get REAL results and give them feedback they can use for REAL results. That takes time. $20 is more then fair if you care about your singing.

• Administrator
On 8/20/2018 at 10:24 AM, sandwich said:

Ah. I thought this was a forum.  My bad. 

It is. If you want amateur feedback, you can get that for free. If you want a professional who knows what he is talking about, its $20. 

• Review My Singing Membership
On 8/25/2018 at 8:25 AM, LWSinger said:

As if there is a fee for feedback on songs? this is exploitation at best.:24: I mean come on? The music industry is laughable at times. $20 for a stranger to comment over the internet..world has gone mad.. From one peer to another, Sandwich I thought your voice is so very unique, I actually haven't heard this song by Jeff Buckley. You have a very wide range, and you nailed the high notes, some of them were slightly flat (only a few, seriously) but you carried the song well and did it justice, considering I haven't heard it I can only judge on what I have heard now. it was quite difficult to hear at times due to the recording and it would be awesome to hear a studio recording of your vocals. Your voice reminds me of Matthew Bellamy (Muse Lead singer), have you ever covered any of their songs? would be awesome to hear you cover one of their songs, I think you would smash it. With further vocal training you would kick arse. Keep it up dude :) 

Thanks, man. DUDE, if Hallelujah is the extent of your Jeff Buckley experience (which was mine for ages), you are in for a shock and a treat. 

Listen to the whole of his album 'Grace' and prepare to have a new favourite singer. 

I usually get told Matt Bellamy or Tom Yorke.

Those flat high notes can serve as a lesson for all of us... you have to get used to singing that high, in a live setting, through a Mic and listen back. accurately hearing your own pitching in that setting is actually quite different to just singing in your bedroom. I didn't notice I was flat until I listened back... which doesn't happen a whole lot in my bedroom. 

Practice with a Mic. All I'm saying.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator
2 hours ago, sandwich said:

Alright I’ll bite. I paid for one. Hit me!

Pretty decent Jeff Buckley impression, but only in terms of his sound colors, not the execution of the song. You have a lot of his sound colors. Sounds like you have been singing a lot of Jeff Buckley, trying to match his voice. Congrats, you can match Jeff Buckley's vocal sound colors.

Now, get more serious. Start working on singing in pitch and on time. The musicianship on this video is lacking in pitch and time. Working with some scales and studying will get you there. Also, stop cupping the mic, it creates feedback and messes up the calibration on the mic.  Your doing that cupping position probably because your nervous, don't. 

You have potential and could be a good singer, but only if you train. This sounded like sloppy karaoke stuff, but it wouldn't have to be if you got serious and practiced.

$20 Vocal training course.

Good luck to you.