The Serpent!

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hey all

Ive just uploaded a new track from my Bands album which is coming out on March 25. Would love to hear some feedback regarding the song and my vocals....this song we decided to completely re write the Vocal melody in the Studio. I spent 8 hours and over 300 takes on getting this to my satisfaction vocally. Without doubt the hardest days Singing work I have ever done in my life. The good thing was, I loved every single seccond of it :D

Anyway, here it is. Its also up on our Reverbnation page as a FREE download, so you can have it if you want it! The Reverbnation page is here:

www.reverbnation.com/deadstarrenegade

Or ive posted the song here as well:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B1HNY8T8

Cheers!

Great song with some anthemic parts that will let the audience sing along. I really like the funk in the beginning of the break. And then it morphs without fanfare into pure heavy metal. Well done. Nice, clean, unaffected vocals. That is, the lyrics and the singing sound sincere. Nice touches with the flanged guitar, paying homage to Jimi Hendrix and psychedelia. This should be a radio-ready hit.

Thanks ronws! Yeah that song was a real hard one to get right, its by far the hardest song vocally for me to sing because its kind of sitting at the same power and pitch level for the full song, so I get about half way through it and I start to get a little tired, so the middle part is a godsend because I can sit back and relax for a min or so before I have to come back in and sing to the end...originally I hated it because it was so hard to sing, and I was really stressed going into the studio as to how I was going to nail the song, but I finally did, and im really happy with the way its turned out...

Its amazing actually...you think you have something that you "cant" do vocally...then you work your ass off to prove to yourself that you can do it, then, once you have done it and youre happy, all of a sudden your confidence increases and it ends up being much easier after that....I guess its the same with most things in life, let alone singing. I love singing that song now.

What I have found in singing is what I have found in other areas of life, such as my career in electrical work. The thing you are dealing with turns out to be easier than you imagined. Much of the struggle at the beginning is thinking it's going to be a struggle and then tensing up for that. The key is relaxation. A comfortable, open throat, stable laryynx, which may move a little but not a lot, breathing from the belly. Start phonation as a squeak and you actually relax into a fuller tone. I'm not sure if these were the steps that led you to this but you and the guys really did a good job on this. And some songs are like that. A biotch to get ahold off and then, you've got it. And then others, that start out as a goof will become the number one radio hit.