Rate this topic

• 2 weeks later...

First of all you're starting off better than most people I hear. However, work still needs to be done. I'd recommend singing with an instrument or a backing track to help you stay on pitch and singing at a lower volume so it's not as heavy. Those 2 things I think would help you a lot. You're tone is generally good but it does sound a little pushed to my ears. In my opinion the best trained singers sing sort of in between a regular talking volume and a whisper. I don't know if that makes sense but that's how I see it and imagining it like that is what helps me. 

10 minutes ago, Jarom said:

First of all you're starting off better than most people I hear. However, work still needs to be done. I'd recommend singing with an instrument or a backing track to help you stay on pitch and singing at a lower volume so it's not as heavy. Those 2 things I think would help you a lot. You're tone is generally good but it does sound a little pushed to my ears. In my opinion the best trained singers sing sort of in between a regular talking volume and a whisper. I don't know if that makes sense but that's how I see it and imagining it like that is what helps me. 

What do you mean by pushed? Are you talking bout too loud or larynx position? And I can sing at a lower volume when I’m at the bottom of my range but I feel like I have to get louder the higher I go. Is it a way to prevent that? Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

Also am I a tenor or baritone because i don’t if I’m singing outside my range or not.