singer express

Rate this topic

VideoHere

That's kind of a steep price for something I have never heard of. They may help just fine but it might be easier to ask some of our friends that in the music industry how they find singers. For example, how did Lugo get his current gig with Nazareth? What do the recorder producers and talent managers or A & R people do when looking for new talent?

Remember that Journey's current singer was spotted by a member of the band or the band's management on youtube, which costs you nothing to post on. And don't count yourself out for just getting out there, like you do. "Hey, I know this singer named Bob. Yeah, he's a freak for Foreigner." "Cool, because we like to do some R & B - ish rock. We do have one cover song, though. Can he do "Black Hole Sun?" "Well, as a matter of fact, ..."

That's kind of a steep price for something I have never heard of. They may help just fine but it might be easier to ask some of our friends that in the music industry how they find singers. For example, how did Lugo get his current gig with Nazareth? What do the recorder producers and talent managers or A & R people do when looking for new talent?

Remember that Journey's current singer was spotted by a member of the band or the band's management on youtube, which costs you nothing to post on. And don't count yourself out for just getting out there, like you do. "Hey, I know this singer named Bob. Yeah, he's a freak for Foreigner." "Cool, because we like to do some R & B - ish rock. We do have one cover song, though. Can he do "Black Hole Sun?" "Well, as a matter of fact, ..."

i hear ya ron, ever since i sent them the "black hole sun" they've been trying to sign me up. they even got me an audition on a tv show but i couldn't close the store to go.

• Administrator

Humm? It all boils down to value Bob... in a sense, it looks like its trying to kinda be a "me too" TMV. TMV's success has inspired a lot of singing web sites. One thing I would point out is this seems to be alot about taking fees in exchange for an aledged service... but what is the company doing to educate its members?

I guess it all depends on the quality of the connections and leads you get out of it... and its hard to know. I think it looks pricey. Thats just my opinion.

I think Robert stated it better. Here, at TMV, you have a profile page that you can set up any way you wish and it costs you nothing. You don't even have to buy 4 pillars. And any number of music professionals come here. So, really, having some stuffed linked in the music box of your profile page is probably good enough.

As to how to get a hold of a band, I'm not so sure. Right after Scott Weiland got fired from Velvet Revolver, they were looking for a new singer, supposedly. But the email address at their website just takes you to the website admin. On the other hand, INXS had a special edition of a talent show to find their new singer, to take up the reigns after the passing of Michael Hutchence.

And there are threads in the forum that give you the contact info to get your foot in the door with people in the recording industry. Essentially, you could email an A & R person or assistant direct, and get farther than paying someone to list a profile page that you already get for free, here. Another blessing of our benefactor, Robert. Walking the walk ...

• 4 months later...

I just saw your post. I joined SingerExpress last year. I have been able to submit to several auditions and even got paid for two gigs already. They seem to be really on top of their game and know how to help singers find more work. I have emailed their support team with questions and always get an immediate response. They are doing something right since prior to joining I was unable to figure out how to learn of "real" jobs for singers.