I can’t maintain my singing voice! Please help!!

Rate this topic

Hello, i am teenager  boy. I do have an interest in singing, and I do sing alot! I also get complimented a lot that i got a beautiful voice. But there is a big problem no one realizes except me, myself. I got a sharp/heavy tone in high/medium notes and a light voice in low notes like that of ATIF ASLAM (Pakistani singer).  Everyday when i wake up, my voice is fresh, crispy and capable of reaching any high note. When i go to school, its like that for the first 2-3 periods, but then the voice starts changing, it becomes flat, and it feels my voice is blocked and I LITERALLY can't sing any medium or high notes (even my low notes becomes worse). It stays like that and throughout the the school timing and it becomes worse on the timezone when school overs. Even my speaking voice loses its sharpness and i sound like an annoying 5 year old.  I know that sharpness in the voice at the morning is because of the those acids after you wake up but MY voice is NOT like what it changes to at school. Its usually fine in most cases when at home alone, but why does my voice literally becomes so trash as time passes in school. is it because i talk alot in the school? i tried not talking much, as much as it is possible to NOT talk in school, and it delayed the time when my voice starts to get worse, but it doesnt stop it. When i come home after school, the voice stays like that for a while until at night around 9Pm  my voice starts to get its sharpness back. Sometimes, it doesn't, so i have to drink honey in warm water for it to be fixed, and sometimes even that honey drink doesnt work!! how do i maintain my real, sharp voice. HOW DO i keep it when i need it the most (afternoon in school, because of singing competitions etc). Is there a different procedure to maintain a sharp voice, if so, please help me with my case. It's getting depressing day by day!!

Yawn.  I am not writing that because your post is boring, but because that is the answer.

Your voice sounds the way it does in the morning because it is relaxed. Throughout the day speaking and other stresses cause the muscles to tighten up. Later in the day when you are not stressed so much and you start to get tired......you start yawning. Yawning stretches the vocal cords and relaxes them and the muscles around your neck..

Guest another charmless troll!

woooowweeee they letting guests post now

must be getting desprate ayy!

when you have to give free tickets away just so people can hear you perform

Guest I can't remember may name

you got that one right pal! few years ago used to be a thriving comunity full of singer and teachers but sadlly it has gone down the plug hole

12 hours ago, Guest I can't remember may name said:

you got that one right pal! few years ago used to be a thriving comunity full of singer and teachers but sadlly it has gone down the plug hole

If you guys would start replying to posts on singing without giving negative comments, the community would grow again. Yes this was a great forum, and not too long ago to still have relevant information to the singing community.

Forum members are responsible for adding to the content of a forum, not the host. Make it a better forum by giving advice in a respectful manor to each other even when you disagree on a point.

Lately there have only been only a few who respond to any posts. It is up to all the members to respond to each other, not just a few individuals.

I am not a teacher but I believe I can help others. If you believe you can help when someone has a question or comment, then reply to the post with helpful information.