Isnt it much easier to sing above your speaking range?

Rate this topic

Isnt it much easier to sing above your speaking range? I find that when I use support from the diaphragm when singing with power I feel like I am drawn higher. Some teachers, including mine, says that for higher notes it is important to think "down". I like this a lot. I really feel like support forces me up. When I hum a note with support i often end up on F#3 which is really my highest speaking pitch (if just talking normally). I use classical singing rather than pop singing. My power is above the speaking range. I feel like there is a mechanism in singing that forces my up to the higher notes.

• 2 weeks later...

Different people have different physical aspects to their vocal cords and the mechanics of singing. In other words the strength in your singing voice may be in a different range of notes than another singer. 

On 5/19/2019 at 2:53 PM, leithinkjesusiscool said:

My power is above the speaking range. I feel like there is a mechanism in singing that forces my up to the higher notes.

There is a mechanism that forces the higher notes and there is another that forces the lower notes. In reality the same mechanism does both but how you use it makes the difference. The voice box and the physical aspects of singing is quite amazing when you really think about it and try to learn how it works.