The Junk Food Effect

Rate this topic

kickingtone

After a couple of days of junk food bingeing, my throat was dry!

Some people disagree with this, but I find it a good opportunity to do diagnostics on your voice. I think that as long as you have wise limits, and don't try to do anything extreme or excessive with a dry (or inflamed) throat, you should be fine.  (Better still, if, like me, you know exactly why your throat is dry and you know that it is temporary.)

So I sang Green Green Grass of Home (my version, lol) and listened to the playback. I am not surprised that the worst part was the beginning and it took time for my voice to settle. Pretty much cracked on the word "road" of "down the road I look" at the beginning. Again, for me,, it tends to be the ee and oh vowels that tend to go if my throat is dry and I am not paying attention. Also, the end was a lot less controlled than I would have liked, yet I didn't feel tired or anything. So, I have to investigate what was going on there.

It's just a good way of finding out your weakest spots because they get exaggerated. (I didn't junk binge deliberately for this, I just take the opportunity after realizing how dry my t throat is after I have eaten too much junk). Often, recording sub-par singing is more informative and valuable than layering and mixing "covers" and then admiring yourself.

43 minutes ago, singing squirrel said:

No I have not listened to you track cant be bothered

Then why bother commenting at all? Just because you cannot understand why something would be helpful to others does not mean it is not helpful. It only means that you do not understand.

48 minutes ago, singing squirrel said:

Tell you what try fasting without water for 3 weeks and post back another 10 second little clip

If it is ok for you to make this kind of comment, then it is ok for me to say, "why don't you just give it a try and keep the comments to yourself".

But I will not do that. That would be rude.

47 minutes ago, MDEW said:

Then why bother commenting at all? Just because you cannot understand why something would be helpful to others does not mean it is not helpful. It only means that you do not understand.

Well to be quite honest MD I saw the first line and though ow god its deja vu time again round and round in circles like the last time, that time about water now this time about food, but its only him and him alone that practaces this crap man ship and unkown to the vocal world that you speak of but still as of yet failed to provide the emperor's new clothes.

Ow very well if you insist, I will review his singing later on tonight

47 minutes ago, MDEW said:

If it is ok for you to make this kind of comment, then it is ok for me to say, "why don't you just give it a try and keep the comments to yourself".

But I will not do that. That would be rude.

Tail of the dog now MD! tail of the dog

https://www.harmonycentral.com/forums/topic/1938408-bruce-dickinson-tears-of-the-dragon/

It is not everyone that chases the tail. Some stop take up training...pondering their voice and do things to change the status quo. The idea is that there IS potential for everyone to improve....whether they improve or not is on them research...do the work...  and mark the changes. There were two or three things that were said to me when I first joined that improved my singing in days. after a while other things were noticed or mentioned.. more changes more improvement.... Understanding comes after doing and noticing the differences and applying what works and get rid of what does not. That takes time....you never stop learning, if you actually want to learn in the first place....

Sure some people are broken records "Do I sound good?".... OK but "Do I sound good?" another broken record is  "The emperor is wearing no clothes". We get tired of that just as much as you get tired of other broken records.

From my view, The one who does not improve is the one who does not try to change and pay attention to the difference....A good difference, Keep it. If it sounds worse....drop it and try something else. Repeat.....

But thats just madness MD! try anything at the drop of a hat like singing dehydrated and singing off of food that makes you sound and feel bad when we know better to avoid this kind of thing for good vocal health!

Now I know Cosmic Dolphin would say "no dont give him any ideas" But to to the point of the original topic. 3 things we should avid eating for singing are. dairy, fat and sugar

Now I know he will go off on one of those hikes now and scoff his face with custard cream cakes and a deep fried mars bar and then come back and post a song about it

19 minutes ago, singing squirrel said:

But thats just madness MD! try anything at the drop of a hat like singing dehydrated and singing off of food that makes you sound and feel bad when we know better to avoid this kind of thing for good vocal health!

Now I know Cosmic Dolphin would say "no dont give him any ideas" But to to the point of the original topic. 3 things we should avid eating for singing are. dairy, fat and sugar

Now I know he will go off on one of those hikes now and scoff his face with custard cream cakes and a deep fried mars bar and then come back and post a song about it

The point is that he is paying attention to his voice. Marking differences. He has just as much right to go into his experiments as you have in your rants against that other forum and the emperors clothes and such. Even when we are discussing important things like breath control you end up making a video and mocking those who are helping. All of this stuff is not BS it is what people do to improve. Experiment, find different sounds and learn how to use them to your advantage.

21 hours ago, MDEW said:

The point is that he is paying attention to his voice. Marking differences. He has just as much right to go into his experiments as you have in your rants against that other forum and the emperors clothes and such. Even when we are discussing important things like breath control you end up making a video and mocking those who are helping. All of this stuff is not BS it is what people do to improve. Experiment, find different sounds and learn how to use them to your advantage.

You are right MD, he is perfectly in his right to fool him self and fool his dream-trip-shit-wonder-bee-do-dar-fk-wit-walter-mitty freinds (no crime commited theres). He is also entitled to post false and bad vocal training practices (some of them deamed as dangeruss) for anyone starting out and new to singing for them to become tail of the dog them selfs (again no crime comminited again).

They are also in there writes for a group to have a sub forum where a group of jimmyshitforbrains bullyboy who have never worked in music before never sang publicly either and never undergone any form of musical tranining what so ever  can pray on the new singers and claim to be experts and there to help them and offer ill advice simpaly because they dont like the face as they sang outside of the box and where better then there meesaly scum, or where unable to tell the difference between being to flat while singing or the cheap recorder they used was distorted, any more then jo blogs down the pub! (again no crime commited hear)

But I am also in my righs to question the naritve ;)

59 minutes ago, singing squirrel said:

You are right MD, he is perfectly in his right to fool him self and fool his dream-trip-shit-wonder-bee-do-dar-fk-wit-walter-mitty freinds (no crime commited theres). He is also entitled to post false and bad vocal training practices (some of them deamed as dangeruss) for anyone starting out and new to singing for them to become tail of the dog them selfs (again no crime comminited again).

They are also in there writes for a group to have a sub forum where a group of jimmyshitforbrains bullyboy who have never worked in music before never sang publicly either and never undergone any form of musical tranining what so ever  can pray on the new singers and claim to be experts and there to help them and offer ill advice simpaly because they dont like the face as they sang outside of the box and where better then there meesaly scum, or where unable to tell the difference between being to flat while singing or the cheap recorder they used was distorted, any more then jo blogs down the pub! (again no crime commited hear)

But I am also in my righs to question the naritve ;)

The problem is that you are the one who is presenting himself as an uneducated psychopath with the Jimmysh%t for brains and Bullyboy jealousy act. Fine , question the narrative, but do it in a way that is at the very least respectful. Your own Jimmysh&tfor brains narrative and lack of musical education and your attack on others is what condemns you. You end up losing your own case because of the tripe that you present almost every time you respond to a post. Stop calling other people scum when you are acting worse than them.

25 minutes ago, MDEW said:

You end up losing your own case because of the tripe that you present almost every time you respond to a post.

more fun foolling!

26 minutes ago, MDEW said:

and Bullyboy jealousy act. 

har har! thats a good one MD! I will add it to my list of quotes for the forseable future