How can I make my voice sound better.

Rate this topic

Anderson

Practise.

That's the simple answer.

Practice gives you flexibility and options in expression and style.

There is no absolute "better or worse" when it comes to expression and style. It's subjective. You choose style and expression, and try to get the listener to buy in to it. The listener is not the artist. The art is your job.

The singer is the artist, a bit like a chef or painter. The chef isn't going to ask you how he can improve his recipe -- he is going to try to "educate your palette", and the painter isn't going to ask you how she should mix her colours. That is what makes them artists and not simply technicians.

Once you know what style you want, then the question of controlling your voice takes shape, and those questions are more specific and objective. e.g "How do I make my tone lighter or heavier in a particular range?" or, "I would like to use vibrato, how do I do that?" 

yes but bad practise due to ignorace can only lead to tail of the dog now sillly little man

20 hours ago, kickingtone said:

The singer is the artist, a bit like a chef or painter. The chef isn't going to ask you how he can improve his recipe -- he is going to try to "educate your palette", and the painter isn't going to ask you how she should mix her colours. That is what makes them artists and not simply technicians.

Another walter mitty again silly knocker! really; your only fooling your self for the following reasons.....

Chefs spent years learning differnet meals/ dishes/ recipies in the same way that singers did learning melodies to be able to mix and match them and come up with there own recipe that one could call tallant 

20 hours ago, kickingtone said:

Once you know what style you want, then the question of controlling your voice takes shape,

but you have it the wrong way round gain (as ever)

Hello Anderson,

I heard two clips, the one here and another one where you sing a song. It does not sound bad on the singing one, this one is just a siren so there ain't much to say.

On both you are approaching it using your voice closer to what you would need for classical female singing, counter tenor, but in this one it seems you are trying to open more and use more power. So this may not sound very good if you don't change from the kind of head voice you are used to. What do you want to sing?

11 minutes ago, Felipe Carvalho said:

Hello Anderson,

I heard two clips, the one here and another one where you sing a song. It does not sound bad on the singing one, this one is just a siren so there ain't much to say.

On both you are approaching it using your voice closer to what you would need for classical female singing, counter tenor, but in this one it seems you are trying to open more and use more power. So this may not sound very good if you don't change from the kind of head voice you are used to. What do you want to sing?

I just wanna have a good strong head voice to sing countertenor stuff but also a strong full voice to sing tenor stuff, and I am not really used to head voice I rarely sing in it but I do pratice at home though. 

On 10/9/2019 at 9:14 PM, MDEW said:

Sing something in a low to middle range.  That is where most of the difference shows between Baritone and tenor. What type of songs do you like?

I like slow songs I don't know what else to call it and my low range (c3-c4) is very weak I can sing it they sound good but they I can't sing it loudly and I don't really know where my middle range although the easy notes for me to sing are around F4-A4.

If F4 to A4 is your comfort range then Yes you are a Tenor(unless you are confusing  F4 with F3. F4 to A4 is normally the trouble zone for Baritones, in general most people have trouble in this area. 

I did not hear the Song you posted that Felipe was able to hear. Could you put a link here?

2 hours ago, Anderson said:

I just wanna have a good strong head voice to sing countertenor stuff but also a strong full voice to sing tenor stuff, and I am not really used to head voice I rarely sing in it but I do pratice at home though. 

People can have different ideas of what "Head Voice" and Full voice is. You may have taught yourself by using "Head voice" when singing and believe this is your "Natural" voice and have not really learned to use full voice. Especially if you have been singing counter tenor.  Some people naturally use a lighter voice when speaking than others.

I was the only one who commented on that post. As it is you sounded pretty good to my ears. For any singing to get "Better" is to work in the comfortable range and record yourself and note what sounded good to you and what did not. Rerecord with minor(or Major) changes and note the difference in sound. Learn what your voice can do and what it cannot.

Use different "Attitudes" when practicing. What I mean by that is that our voices take on different characteristics when in different emotional states.... a cry has one coordination, when happy and excited it coordinates in one way and when Mad or authoritative it uses another, While laughing another coordination takes place. Learn how to do these things on purpose and use them in your singing and training.