im gonna be (please review)

Rate this topic

singing squirrel

To quote Jack Nicholson's Joker;   "I don't know if it's art, but I like it".   You have the right feel for the song and you are consistent throughout.

I do have to point out something ...Even though the singer is basically speaking the melody, he is still speaking on a pitch that goes along with the music. You are also speaking on a pitch that goes along with the music but you are speaking on what would be a harmony to the Lead, not the lead itself. You pitch is lower than that of the Lead singer. 

1 hour ago, MDEW said:

You are also speaking on a pitch that goes along with the music but you are speaking on what would be a harmony to the Lead, not the lead itself. You pitch is lower than that of the Lead singer. 

What do you mean by harmony to lead?

In the song I am the lead singer, have you hered the original to know that it is a higher key?

I listened to the original. I checked the music in both the original and your recording. They are the same key. When you are singing you are singing a LOWER Pitch than the original singer. When he is singing a G# you are singing an E.

1 hour ago, MDEW said:

I listened to the original. I checked the music in both the original and your recording. They are the same key. When you are singing you are singing a LOWER Pitch than the original singer. When he is singing a G# you are singing an E.

I dont understand! the song is in the key of Eb mayjor

The sheet music you find is often not in the same key that the singers recorded in. The below video is in the same key that your music is recorded. This is in the key E major if you play along in standard tuning.

When you sing along with Music or a backing track you sing with the music which is not always the key provided by sheet music. That is one of the reasons to Practice along with an instrument so you can Hear when you are not singing the same pitches as the instruments.

I dont know which online score I coped this from (please see attachment) as it was a while ago now. But there is more then just one note (as you can see from the photo)  E or G#. How did you know it sounded lower then the original? is it because it sounds out of key or is it because you know the melody of the original 

Also what do the high notes I have sang sound like to you

WIN_20191027_00_54_41_Pro.jpg

23 minutes ago, singing squirrel said:

I dont know which online score I coped this from (please see attachment) as it was a while ago now. But there is more then just one note (as you can see from the photo)  E or G#. How did you know it sounded lower then the original? is it because it sounds out of key or is it because you know the melody of the original 

Also what do the high notes I have sang sound like to you

WIN_20191027_00_54_41_Pro.jpg

This may be from when the song was first written.  Piano players will often write songs in Eb major. It is easier for them to play because of hand positions used on the Piano. Guitar players prefer E major more than Eb for the same reason, the chords in E major are easier to play.  

Of course there is more than 1 note in the melody, I am giving an example instead of writing out the whole song or an entire phrase. I used my guitar and played along with the original video and compared it to your recording.  For every note in the melody, you are singing a lower note than the original melody.

Your voice did sound good on this.  If you raise your pitch to be what the original singer is doing it may sound even better.

6 hours ago, MDEW said:

This may be from when the song was first written.  Piano players will often write songs in Eb major. It is easier for them to play because of hand positions used on the Piano. Guitar players prefer E major more than Eb for the same reason, the chords in E major are easier to play.  

Dont know about guitars; But pianos I dont think so somehow! E mayjor has 4 sharps and Eb mayjor had 3 flats and all of these flats and sharps are black keys. But this whole online sheet music is turning out to be complete BS!

6 hours ago, MDEW said:

Your voice did sound good on this.  If you raise your pitch to be what the original singer is doing it may sound even better.

I will give that a try if I get chance and post back; I did it with the eye of the tiger that was in the wrong octave (remember) but never got chance to record it.

But I was given constructive critisum about this and I was told I am not singing the high notes well; so what do you think?

On 10/27/2019 at 6:29 AM, MDEW said:

Don't worry about the high notes. You need to get your low notes to match the melody first. When you do that the high notes will sound better too.

The reason I am questing the higher notes is because I was told I can not sing high notes well. Hear is a quick recording I have done of one of the songs in question (only done first chorus and verse)

What do you think?

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0Kca2MUxVV1