Too much love will kill you - Queen

• TMV World Legacy Member

Here we go:

I like original version by Brian May. So review & critique my singing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQo352r59rw

Best R

My singing -----> http://soundcloud.com/richardstomach

You've got lots of talent and good feel. You've also got some technique under your belt. I suggest you try to minimize your english accent. It would also be good to know what YOU would like to improve in your voice? Or perhaps you'd prefer to mention a time period in this clip of yours that you'd like to get help improving. Cheers.

You guys on this super forum are very kind and helpful. Among you i noticed very good vocalists e.x. "Videohere".

In my country my singing is average, nothing more.

Some people don't like my high voice: Some of them say my high voice is too weak and without deep others say it sounds annoying.

Maybe i did some progress till i was 18. (Here is my singing when i was beginner http://www.box.net/shared/p5rgnqa0gp)

So Im glad you like my singing jonpall, but please be as much critique as you can.

And always compare my tech of singing to the best vocalist like Tayler, Lambert, Mercury, Perry, Mcknight....etc

My singing -----> http://soundcloud.com/richardstomach

Maybe I'm just crazy but I liked your early cover of "Isn't she lovely?" It sounded so relaxed and carefree. As for the Queen cover, I'm hearing a classical formant, or at least what I think of as a classical formant, i.e., low larynx and low placement, not an easy thing to do. And I would never have thought of doing that. Kudos for taking it in a direction I had not expected. Unique, theatrical.

As for Lambert, I think you were closer to his technique with the "Isn't she Lovely?" cover. I think your voice is a little to full and clean to sound like Perry, though you have his ability to carry a pitch lightly, like he does. That is, I think you can sing like him though you don't sound like him. Believe me, that's a compliment. To absorb the technique yet still have your own unique sound.

I, for one, don't think you have an english accent. I have an ear for languages and I think you speak some form of Spanish, as a native language. As well as how your phrasing comes across in English. Even though you mention in another thread of being European. Are you perhaps, Spanish, as in Madrid, Tuscany, etc.? Or, maybe Portuguese, which certainly has a european influence. Although I once worked with a guy who was originally from Honduras (he fled during their civil war in the 80's) and he spoke the shortened mexican Spanish of the other workers, but with a european accent. And yes, my crew of guys was amazed that I could hear the difference. Most gringos just don't have the ear for it.

As for Mercury, he was using more twang than you are. I fully imagine you can sing anything he does but you will sound like an operatic version of it, because of the formant you are now using.

I stand corrected. I'm glad you think of my singing as light. It's actually quite loud and most often clean. But I totally get what you like about Michael Bolton. He has a timbre that I don't think I could do, not that I wanted to but even if I did, I don't think I could do that. Genetics rules.

I liked this! You've got most of the pitch spot on..

I must however say that the higher notes got very... Nasal.. They sound contained and muzzled... Try to find a way to let them roam free, maybe approach them lighter?

Especially for you I prepare Journey song and i will sing it in the way you like. With one (album, name) you suggest me to choose? I love challenge.

I just re-read the challenge part. How about "Stone in Love"?

And I still enjoy hearing Neil Schon rip it up on that Les Paul, with that special tremolo bar.

Archived