introducing master vocal instructor joy sikorski (singingmastermind)

Rate this topic

VideoHere

hi folks,

i'm very pleased to let you all know that master vocal coach joy sikorski has accepted my invitation and has joined the tmv forum. joy was the woman i purchased the "tongue" download from. it was filled with great information and valuable exercises for the tongue, a large constrictor muscle.

here's a little bit about joy from her singingmastermind page:

•Professional performer, composer and voice trainer for over 25 years

•Help all ages and backgrounds, from beginning to advanced voice students

•Work with pop voices, rock voices, opera voices, musical theater voices, folk voices and country voices

•Successfully help people who have damaged their voices

•People from all over the world ask me for singing advice and get results

•My teaching style is a bit wacky, but the method to my madness works!

•My unique and exclusive vocal techniques can empower any type of voice style

•Trained with Dr. Robert Kinney, Corinne White Swall, Madame Ina Souez

•Lauded as a “child prodigy” pianist by the Los Angeles Times

•Recognized by industry experts for Impropera: Music in the Moment

•Composer for “The Last Harvest,” a PRSA Aurora Award winning film

•Collaborations with Grammy Award winning singer/songwriter, Michael Silversher

•Co-composer/lyricist of the musical, Gathering Blue, adapted from a book by Newbery Award winner Lois Lowry

•Co-founder of an award-winning environmental awareness contest featured on ABC’s “Good Morning America”

•Known for the Puccini Effect™ because of the work I do with mom and baby voices at SingBabySing®

In addition, her knowledge takes cvt and ss issues and solidly grounds them in time-tested vocal techniques.

she is accepting new students via skype.

bob

Again, welcome, Joy. Even though I like hard rock and heavy metal and sing some of those songs, the one group I belong to in the main site is "Finding your real voice." Which suits me, as I have a voice like no other, as I think anyone can attest to. And if you have anything to do with Bob and his Sam Cooke voice, which many would give a right arm to have, then blessings upon you and job, well done.

VIDEOHERE: Thanks so much for your enthusiasm in introducing me this way to everyone.

ronws: Thanks for welcoming me again and telling me about the group "Finding your real voice." I'll check it out!

Also, VIDEOHERE, I see that the links on your post didn't work. If it's ok with you, I'll post them here if anyone would like to check things out.

....great information and valuable exercises for the tongue: http://www.singingmastermind.com/singing-tongue-2/

....singingmastermind page: http://www.singingmastermind.com/

....SingBabySing®: http://www.singbabysing.com/

Thanks again. I love the forums!

Joy

Thanks for sharing that Bob... just bought it, it's very comprehensive and I really needed to have all that info about the tongue.

So this is no 4 but in fact it's the first one released, right ? When are the other videos coming out ?

Cheers,

Thanos

Thanks for sharing that Bob... just bought it, it's very comprehensive and I really needed to have all that info about the tongue.

So this is no 4 but in fact it's the first one released, right ? When are the other videos coming out ?

Cheers,

Thanos

i guess keep checking on joy's website. yes, i never knew much about the tongue's importance till i bought that download. $20 well spent.

Hi guys,

Joy here.

You have truly encouraged me with your kindness and most of all by letting me know that singing tongue lesson helps you.

There's much more about the importance of that muscle that I'd like to share as well.

Is there a thread that is devoted just to the singing tongue muscle?

If not, I'd like to start one.

What do you think?

Looking forward to helping everyone here as much as I can.

Joy

P.S. Other lessons are in the works so thanks for your patience in waiting for them.