The Jeannie Deva Method

Rate this topic

Rozzy73

I'm looking for a new voice teacher in the Boston area that teaches modern vocal technique. There is a Jeannie Deva Method teacher in the area, and I've seen her with articles on this site. This seems promising, but I dont' want to invest time or money unless I know that the teacher will be taking me down the same path I'm already moving. I'm doing well on my own, but I would be doing even better with the right teacher. Currently, I'm working with the Kevin Richards "Breaking the Chains" program. If I can't find a local alternative, I'm going to do a few intensives with him down in New York, but if I can get somebody local who will teach me with a similar approach, it would be better.

I am also open for other suggestions for teachers in the Boston area. Thanks.

I like the program. As was pointed out in another thread, the program fairly basic, but I think it was a good purchase. He explains things very well and the exercised have helped me a lot. If I wasn't impressed, I wouldn't be considering his Saturday intensive lessons.

Although I haven't seen the whole program, I think Robert's is a little more complete, but it's also more expensive. One of the reasons why I purchased "Breaking the Chains" is that I have family in in New York and I can take a few intensive weekend lessons from Kevin if I really want. It's not not convenient, but it's possible. Kevin doesn't do skype lessons, though. I think it's really important to have the option of lessons. If I were in Budapest, I would probably have thrown down for Robert's program because he does online lessons.