Samples from my gig last week. Queen, Bon Jovi, Lenny Kravitz etc

• TMV World Legacy Member

Just thought I would post this, I edited a nice mix of some songs I sung at a gig. Tell me what you think! I'm excited and happy, the gig went well and I got to show my friends that I'm a different singer now than before :) Of course there's tons of things to work on and improve as always but I'm feeling happy now. I was super nervous before the gig and even during it, but it was awesome.

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/tutkinto-potpuri.mp3?w=24277bab

The songs in the clip are:

Queen - Killer Queen

Lenny Kravitz - It aint over till it's over

Jimi Hendrix - Little wing

Lenny Kravitz - My precious love (did the guitar solo on this too)

Jimi Hendrix - Hey joe

Bon Jovi - Livin on a prayer

Also I got to use my Heil PR-35 microphone for the first time live and I think it sounded awesome!

I listened to the whole clip - I only know the last Bon Jovi track and I loved your interpretation - sounded awesome.

You've got great range and control , I guess others on this forum can elaborate and give you hints and tips

but I enjoyed every second of your potpuri - great singing man !

Kind Regards,

Thanos

That is a great performance! Congradulations! You've got a great range and a lot of different weapons in your vocal toolbox to choose from. Very dynamic - nice lighter parts, and then great loud distorted sections. Living on a prayer was really cool! Nice job!

Good pitch. Good feeling. Perhaps slight nasality at times. Good range. Good use of the occasional rasp. Good band. Good gig. Good job. Good day.

Opaa, you actually get it. You really, totally get it. You sang all these songs as if you wrote them. Not trying to effect a certain sound effect you think the singer might be using. I could tell your aim was "This is my voice, like it or not. And this is how I sing, like it or not." Which made it all believable. You are a singer and you need to be out there recording albums and touring. Even with the songs that are R & B, you sold it. I don't listen to much R & B but I would and did listen to yours. You get the point. The exercises are not so that you can sound like Brian Johnson or Steve Perry or Ronnie James Dio or Bruce Dickinson. They are so that you can sound like Opaa, with power and conviction. Well done. Period, paragraph, new book, forever, amen, end of discussion.

This is singing and this is what we should all do. As far as I'm concerned, Opaa wrote these songs. And you did it on stage, in front of people, not just in your room with a USB interface and whatever recording software. You presented to the people. That's the end game, the goal, the objective.

Thank you ronws, that means a lot to me :) Don't know what to say, that was my first gig as a real lead singer instead of just drunk karaoke as usually and that was a big deal for me. I gained some confidence and experience that night. And you're right, I definitely always try to do my own thing and be myself :)

Hell yeah!!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice Job! You have a great band backing you. You've probably been told this before, but you should do a Boy George tune. Try "Do You Really Want To Hurt Me" by The Culture Club.

Archived