My attempt at Dust in the wind after a 4 year hiatus. Please critique!

Sounds really good. Nice vibrato and tone all the way up to the high notes. And good control through the passagio into the higher range. A couple of pitch issues here and there which I'm sure will go away as you work on it. There are a few times where you end the phrase with a "ya" that goes way down in pitch. Example 1:02 "Endless Sea-ya". Not sure you intended that?

Wow, you're right, I did NOT intend on doing the ya at all! Nor did I realize it! thank you for pointing that out. Yeah I'm listening to it again and I hear the parts where it's pitchy. Thanks for commenting I appreciate your feedback :) It's good to be singing again. Anything you'd suggest I work on besides what you've already mentioned?

Yvon

Ancilliary to what Geno was saying, I think that "ya" ending is coming from doing an almost glottal stop for the end of the note. Totally a stylistic comment, not a technical one, if you could end those notes like you did at the end of the song, with a cessation of breath, rather than a hard stop, I think it would fit the soft feeling of the song. But that is your choice. Otherwise, a truly strong voice and for the most part, you sang it as Steve Walsh sings it. Excellent effort.

• 7 months later...

Ancilliary to what Geno was saying, I think that "ya" ending is coming from doing an almost glottal stop for the end of the note. Totally a stylistic comment, not a technical one, if you could end those notes like you did at the end of the song, with a cessation of breath, rather than a hard stop, I think it would fit the soft feeling of the song. But that is your choice. Otherwise, a truly strong voice and for the most part, you sang it as Steve Walsh sings it. Excellent effort.

Thanks for the kind words! Sorry I'm only responding months later, been extremely busy with work school and a couple of voice lessons

hope all had a great new years!

Archived