Girls Girls Girls

Not too much progress made here yet, I guess I have no reason to post this here :D Just sang this song for the first time ever and it went nicely, no warming up, voice bit tired but still working alright. I'm thinking about taking this song as a practice tool and really work on applying the KTVA technique into this song.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/35190966/laulureeni/18.7%20Girls%20Girls%20Girls.mp3

Yeah they do, I'm working on building and strengthening my mid voice or passagio notes now. And I've noticed that working on those notes makes my highs (around B4 and on) even better too. I'm not sure what you refer to as high notes though :)

Really good actually, the notes I think are bit higher than my comfort zone so I'm impressed. Does this come naturally to you? Or from hard work? Nice rasp as well on certain passages.

How long have you been singing?

Red lips/fingers tips I would work on the pronunciation there.

Sergio I would say both hard work and naturally. My voice seems to be naturally comfortable in the tenor range after "unlocking" it first. I've had tons of bad habits restricting my voice even in my speech and still have some left, but this progress is sweet :) There was a time when F#4 was a note that would kill me and above that was nothing. I can sing an A5 in full voice now. But it took a lot of work and patience to progress from there to here. And I still feel that I'm just getting started :) I'd say that now I have a good connection so now I can build a bigger and stronger voice around it!

Btw the rasp came totally spontaneously, but I might now or soon be ready to start slowly working on it consciously too.

I was surprised. Your timbre is not that different from Vince Neil. You are a cleaner version of him. As for rasp, let it be about relaxing more than constricting anything, if you care to add rasp. I have heard the original many times. I always thought he sang it kind of clean, though I could be wrong. This from the Carnival of Sin tour around 2006.

In fact, if you listened to this very carefully, (and no, I'm not "hammering my point all over the forum"), he is almost entirely in head voice and clean. He is in chest on the lowest notes, and when he is speaking, especially to drummer Tommy Lee.

And respects to Mick Mars, older than God, fighting like a trooper against cancer, and still putting on a hell of a show. And bassist Nikki Sixx, literally coming back from the dead. On fire with sobriety and now has his own syndicated radio talk show.

Archived