New song up, tell me what you think!

Hey folks!

I posted a new song on my myspace, Dimensional Transcendence Experience - "Midnight In May". It's from a progmetal project that two of my friends have. This spring I recorded 3 songs for them, writing my own vocal lines and harmonies. Tell me what you think, and if anything could be improved.

http://www.myspace.com/marcuscarlen

(I posted the other two songs for comments way back, if anyone wants to listen to all three songs here they are: http://www.myspace.com/dte_umea )

Cheers / Marcus

myspace won't accept the version of IE that I am using. Screw them. Why should I have to buy a whole new computer with bigger memory to handle the memory hog of the updated IE just so that I can visit a site I don't ever visit?

Anyway, looking forward to hearing your music, some other way.

By the way, your project name reminds me of a band I was in during college, circa 1984. My friend, Jeff, who later went on to form Trident, which became Magenta, had named our collaberation Translucent Blue Plexiglass. (I have no idea how he came with that unless it was a little too much Tuaca and Coke.)

Darn myspace! I like the service though, good way to reach out with music (except for when people can't access it :P )

Hah, funny name for a band! I don't really know why the project is called what it's called, but I guess they thought it sounded very prog. At the moment I really miss singing heavy metal and rock, but it seems I either go home to Sweden or move to Finland this fall. And then I really wanna pick up singing in a rock band and write music. I love the job here, in Bulgaria at the moment, but it's not enought rock music :D

Here's a speedyshare for the song if you can't access the myspace!

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/29565456/Dimensional_Transcendence_Experience_-_Midnight_in_May-02.mp3

Dang, Marcus. This something that Transiberian Orchestra WISH they could be doing or should be doing. The orchestration is tight. But the vocals make soar. Quit fooling around and cut an album. Trust me, you can find some studio musicians to handle a tour if your current band mates are not up to it. Really. Not just me being nice or warm and fuzzy. When are going to quit fiddling around and dumbing yourself down and let it all hang out? I swear on whatever you think is holy or honorable, our goal here should be to get out there and sing, not spend endless hours debating minutae about this or that singing system. You are already a vocalist. Record an album. Right now, I can play cd's in my car. So, if you can get a cd put out, I will buy it. Get out of the sandbox and into the studio.

Seriously.

Wow, thank you very much for those words ronws! You've been so encouraging for a long time, it really warms to hear such things.

I'll give it my best shot to pull together some musicians this fall. Recordning an album and touring with my own material would be a dream come true.

Marcus - that sounds really great! Very strong musical performances by everyone in your band. Nice panning and mixing. You did an excellent job coming up with the vocal parts, lyrics, harmonies. Vocals sound great and provide a nice lyrical balance with the intricate guitar parts.

Marcus, i loved it, great prog metal. This is the genre i love the most, i adore bands like Symphony X and Dream Theater. By the way, have you heard the new album from Symphony X? Great vocal performance from Russel Allen there, for those who love Ronnie James Dio listen to Russel Allen.

guitartrek: thank you very much for the nice comments! Gonna tell the band as well :)

Olem: thank you! Haven't heard the latest album, but I liked Paradise Lost (especially the title track from that album is wickedly good). Have to check out the new one as well then!

I'll give it my best shot to pull together some musicians this fall. Recordning an album and touring with my own material would be a dream come true.

Yeah, I forgot all about that money thing. It takes money to book recording time and hire musicians if they are not your own band. Still, I think you have a market. As successful as TSO has been, I think the market could handle a prog rock type like yourself. Heck, I am hearing AltarBridge on my local radio KMAD (Sherman, Texas.) So there is room for something that is not all screamo.

Jugulator: thank you very much for the compliments! Not sure I got this though -

Gotta listen something original from you

This is an original song, but maybe that's what you meant? :)

ronws: I hope your right, would be awesome to record some albums with this kind of music!

Archived