Robert Lunte - FREE LIVE BROADCAST - July, 28th @ 1:00 PST

Robert Lunte

• Administrator

Hey guys... Im doing this big live broadcast tomorrow on www.ustream.com. Its free. Sorry for the short notice, It hit me by surprise as well... hope you can make it... Some cool ideas about how to view vocal range, that when grasped, can assist you in your bridging efforts.

Rob

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN5m-YWS_sg

Robert Lunte will be doing a world-wide live Ustream broadcast on Thursday July 28th at 1pm PST. The Topic of discussion will be:

“THE GEOMETRY OF VOCAL TECHNIQUE”

LEARN HOW TO VIEW VOCAL RANGE WITH A NEW PERSPECTIVE THAT WILL UNLOCK SOME OF THE SECRETS TO BRIDGING YOUR VOCAL REGISTERS AND DEVELOPING YOUR HEAD VOICE TECHNIQUES.

To view his broadcast:

• Go to www.ustream.tv.

• At the top of the page there will be a box that says "Search for users and events". In this box type "ivtom" and push enter.

• On the page that comes up you will see a box that has the ivtom logo in it. Click on this IVTOM logo.

• Sit back and enjoy the broadcast.

Or click here to download the instructions:

http://thevocaliststudio.com/robert-lunte-ivtom-live-broadcast-free-tutorial-the-two-dimensions-of-vocal-range/

If you want to be able to ask questions using the chat feature, click on the word chat to the right of the broadcast. You will need to create a login name and password, but it is free and this way you can type questions for Robert that the moderator will be able to ask him.

This FREE broadcast is in partnership with the IVTOM organization for singers. It should be great. See you there and thanks for joining!

Robert Lunte & IVTOM

• Administrator

If your in the UK during certain times of the year, its 8 hours... if your in eastern Europe it can get to 10 hours... but the majority of the countries we deal with, other than the UK and I think Greece are 9 hours ahead.

I don't know what to tell ya, there are services online that will tell give you timezones so you can figure it out, its really not that difficult. My bets are on 9 hours.

What country are you in?

Hey guys... Im doing this big live broadcast tomorrow on www.ustream.com. Its free. Sorry for the short notice, It hit me by surprise as well... hope you can make it... Some cool ideas about how to view vocal range, that when grasped, can assist you in your bridging efforts.

Rob

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN5m-YWS_sg

Robert Lunte will be doing a world-wide live Ustream broadcast on Thursday July 28th at 1pm PST. The Topic of discussion will be:

“THE TWO DIMENSIONS OF VOCAL RANGE”

LEARN HOW TO VIEW VOCAL RANGE WITH A NEW PERSPECTIVE THAT WILL UNLOCK SOME OF THE SECRETS TO BRIDGING YOUR VOCAL REGISTERS AND DEVELOPING YOUR HEAD VOICE TECHNIQUES.

To view his broadcast:

• Go to www.ustream.tv.

• At the top of the page there will be a box that says "Search for users and events". In this box type "ivtom" and push enter.

• On the page that comes up you will see a box that has the ivtom logo in it. Click on this IVTOM logo.

• Sit back and enjoy the broadcast.

Or click here to download the instructions:

http://thevocaliststudio.com/robert-lunte-ivtom-live-broadcast-free-tutorial-the-two-dimensions-of-vocal-range/

If you want to be able to ask questions using the chat feature, click on the word chat to the right of the broadcast. You will need to create a login name and password, but it is free and this way you can type questions for Robert that the moderator will be able to ask him.

This FREE broadcast is in partnership with the IVTOM organization for singers. It should be great. See you there and thanks for joining!

Robert Lunte & IVTOM

looking forward to this rob!....i'll connect then at 4:00 pm eastern standard time. bob

Sounds good, gonna get the beers in and take some notes methinks.

As a new owner of Pillar's 2.0 I've been enjoying the new lectures. Gotta say I think you've made great improvements with how you present ideas on video; thankfully they're still relaxed & informal but I'm liking how you describe techniques in a variety of ways - from mental imagery, through demonstrations to a more technical theory-based approach. I sorta stumbled into teaching myself (I volunteer for a local charity who use music teaching as a means of recovery & empowerment) so I'm just as inspired by 'how' you do it as I am by the content itself.

Here's hoping all goes well and you enjoy it.

• Administrator

Sounds good, gonna get the beers in and take some notes methinks.

As a new owner of Pillar's 2.0 I've been enjoying the new lectures. Gotta say I think you've made great improvements with how you present ideas on video; thankfully they're still relaxed & informal but I'm liking how you describe techniques in a variety of ways - from mental imagery, through demonstrations to a more technical theory-based approach. I sorta stumbled into teaching myself (I volunteer for a local charity who use music teaching as a means of recovery & empowerment) so I'm just as inspired by 'how' you do it as I am by the content itself.

Here's hoping all goes well and you enjoy it.

Thanks "silent", anyone that gets "Pillars 2.0" is going to see a LOT of growth in concepts, presentation and production. Thats why I want people to invest in it, they deserve to see how TVS has come together in the last few years. Glad you noticed... its a process and you always have to keep striving for new levels of excellence.

Hope you enjoy the presentation... I think its really a cool, innovative way of perceiving things... it will help .

Good lecture! Two things I remembered:

When bridging the passagio, build the strength of intrinsic anchoring set (twang, laryngeal dumping, dropped tongue, open throat), small muscles need to be activated AND maintained through phonation.

The higher the pitch, the deeper the placement.

• Administrator

rob, fyi, your presentation gets interrupted by commercials!!!

Really, "fudge"!... sorry about that, hopefully it wasn't too disruptive... what happened.. was it quick and then came back? Did it interrupt the presentation , or bring you back to where you left off? ... or was it a visual banner or something?

Please advise, I need to know what the user experience is?

Hope you enjoyed it, thanks guys!

R

• Administrator

Medium mass phonation sounded cool. Is there a third (thicker) mass phonation ?

Hi, yes there is, it would be referred to as a "Heavy Mass" phonation and a "Heavy Mass" phonation is a "weight" we DO NOT want... it is NOT advised, it represents phonations that "grind", "pull chest" and are "pushy"...

So to review, you have three phonation masses:

The First two are healthy and ok to use, you would make a contientious choice on what mass you want as a singer and artist. Here is an excerpt from "Pillars" 2.0 Book and there is a video on it too:

The TVS Onset Package can be phonated in two “masses" or weights:

1). Light Mass Onsets, followed by Light Mass Phonations.

• Light Mass = Resonant Onset = Cry/Fry

• Preferred for training, First choice for training beginners.

• Less Fatiguing.

• Enables "Flutter" vibrato, therefore good for vibrato training.

• Great if singer wants a heady "Steve Perry" color & weight.

• "Prettier", more lyrical, more elegant, more ballad & pop.

2). Medium Mass Onsets, followed by Medium Mass Phonations.

• Medium Mass = Resonant Onset = Buzzing

• May be used more often in performance and recording.

• Enables, deeper diaphragmatic vibrato.

• Great if singer wants a belty "Geoff Tate" color & weight.

• "More powerful", more masculine, moxy (means more "balls"), more metal genre.

As you can see, you would make decisions based on your artistic desire or training requirements.

The 3rd kind of mass would be, as I said, anything more "pushy' ... If we are going to utilize this idea of defining and becoming aware of the "mass" in our phonations, we then have to account for the kind of phonations we DON"T want, which of course... would be something pushy and placed in a "shallow" position... that would be a "Heavy Mass" phonation... the onset for a "Heavy Mass" phonation would probably be a nasty glottal attack, for example.

There is a work flow here: 1. Resonant Tracking > 2. Onset Package > 3. Phonation

All explained in the book and demonstrated numerous times in the video content of P2.0.

I for one, actually am quite proud of this idea of overlaying the Geometry/Graph over the vocal technique as we do... it does a brilliant job of showing us that it all exists on a gradient in time and since so much of this is about bridging to the head voice... you get to see when and how these head voice placements should happen. Im pretty proud of it... this graph encapsulates about 80% of my pedagogy and what we are covering. It is in the book and it is also the back cover for the book too, which is kinda cool.

Thanks for watching guys, hope you enjoyed it...

• Administrator

Good lecture! Two things I remembered:

When bridging the passagio, build the strength of intrinsic anchoring set (twang, laryngeal dumping, dropped tongue, open throat), small muscles need to be activated AND maintained through phonation.

The higher the pitch, the deeper the placement.

YES ASIM! THAT IS RIGHT,,, YOU "GET IT"!

• Administrator

Hi Robert - Hope you are well,

Is this saved anywhere (offline - saved mpg or other) as I would like to view. Sounds like excellent reviews from posters.

Thanks,

Stew

Yes Stew, here you go, click on this link:

Thanks for coming! Send me an email if you have any questions.

Hope this helps...

;):):cool:

Hi Robert

I tried the link you posted to the recording of the vocal lesson, but it's giving an error. Can you please check the same? (Sorry I couldnt see it live, it was the middle of the night where I stay!)

- This is Karan by the way :)

Cheers

Archived