Sign in to follow this  
Adolph Namlik

Forum Rules - Please Note

Rate this topic

It is the intent of "The Modern Vocalist Forum" to provide an informative and professional "environment" for all of our members.

However, in recent weeks it has come to my attention via email complaints AND my daily review of posts that certain members have posted comments contrary to the "Forum Rules". Specifically, the most common "infraction" has been in violation of Rule 5 - " Do not post messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or are otherwise of questionable content (if you have to ask, the answer is 'No.')".

As many of you may have noticed as well, I have been editing said obscene language, and unnecessary "expletives". In addition, there has also been comments in violation of Rule 6 - "Maintain respect for others and refrain from insults or belittling other peoples postings....". i.e. "retarded".

Please keep in mind that there are members who do not wish to view said inappropriate language. Additionally, the Forum is open to GUESTS (potential members), many of whom are youngsters or underage who do not wish to view this objectionable language and are offended by such comments.

Kindly keep in mind that the vast majority of our members strictly adhere to the Forum Rules, and we are extremely appreciative of their respect for others. Unfortunately, it is a "select few" who are in violation of said Rules and has necessitated this posting.

In the future, violations will not be tolerated :

First violation - Edit

Second violation - Temporary ban

Third violation : Permanent ban/deletion

In closing, please keep it "clean" and professional . Afterall, the members of The Modern Vocalist joined to learn and to enjoy the TMV "experience". There is a time and a place for the aforementioned "comments" and the Forum is NOT the place.

Sincere Regards,

Adolph Namlik

Good post. Still, strangely enough, I haven't seen a single post like this in a very long time. Maybe they were deleted before I could view them.

Yeah, I haven't seen any either, but maybe thats because there shouldn't be any to view lol. I DO report people who post adds.... Like purses and the like.

Thank you, jonpall ! :cool:

Yes, the "language" HAS been there, it's just that I don't sleep very well and "check in" here several times daily.... I prefer to edit out the inappropriate content ASAP before anyone notices it....

Obviously, I'm not going to venture into the exact "wording" as I'd be just as guilty.... Granted, some of the "terms" here can be overlooked, but when it gets to be the nastiest of the words (I'm sure you know which ones), it just isn't appropriate !!! Believe it or not, I've even received some complaints from the "guys" - Given that TMV is INTERNATIONAL, it really bothers others regardless of sex.....

Bottom line ~~ I'm just looking out for the "community" and ALL of the members best interests....

Warm Regards,

Adolph

Thanks for posting this. This is a popular site and it seems we get a lot of new members which is great. And it always helps to remind. I do appreciate.

I feel like this is a very welcoming community, and so I agree that keeping it appropriate for all that may be viewing is important. I am very grateful to this site and hope it can continue to be the warm, educational place it has been to me. That said, I haven't seen anything personally offensive, but then again my favorite comedian is Louis CK.

Good post Adolph,

There has been the occasional word posted and it seems like you are on top of the situation thus everyone else is protected from seeing them.

Keith is correct - there was a spate of sellers, but something I have noticed more is the, not a seller, but posts that serve little or no purpose, such as the post referring to something to do with vocals, however a detailed explanation of Skype appeared. Either that or the, "keep singing - it fills my soul with flowers of red and green where I fly in the ... etc", type of posts which there was an influx of.

But it does seem quite a few have gone, so well done for removing the offending posts - seems like you read them all :). I've not seen any flaming going on for quite a while (so there is good community spirit here), so looks like you have nipped that in the bud.

Good to keep everyone informed every so often.

Thank you, stew :cool:

Yes, I've noticed the posts you have mentioned. I eliminate the spam AND the "poster", but I have to be careful with some of those - I can delete the post itself, but if I delete the user and there are posts afterwards, then the entire thread is also deleted. As far as the word "Skype" (and others), I've noticed that as well. I'm not that computer savvy, so I'm not quite sure how to get rid of those ??? My policy is to never click on those - It may take you to a site that is "infected". Even though I have all the necessary anti-virus, malaware, programs, etc., I just don't trust them !!!

Oh, yes, I DO read ALL of the posts. But I encourage any of the members to notify me if they notice something that is inappropriate, whether it is spam or otherwise.

Thank you again for the compliments - I try my best :)

Have a great day !!!

Regards,

Adolph

PS Has anyone had trouble accessing the "Main Site" today ? I can't "get in " and I have work to do !!! :rolleyes: