How do I put meat on my voice?

Rate this topic

rofleren

Anyone here that knows Protest the Hero? awesome high pitch singing. I have no idea how to do that. Here is how it sounds if I should sing it (not good): www.rofleren.dk/music/Bloodmeat.mp3

This is their song:

I have no idea how to get the same kind of sound that he does, I'm only able to produce with lots of twang, these sounds, that I dont know how to describe, it's not pretty. But, I know it's the right way to go, once I couldnt say these notes at all, but I have no idea how to make them sound better.

Anyone have some tips? :D

heard both clips, im not sure myself, im still learning too, but if i'm not mistaken, studio mix tricks can help a lot. they may use doubling effects to make the sound thicker, also, forgive if im wrong, im hearing a hint of low harmonization on some lines he sang.

that's just what i thought, not so sure, as i'm finding ways to put 'meat' on my voice too hahaha

oo haha thats a nice surprise. thanks rofleren! =D

although i dont share your love for my distorted high notes haha. i find it harder to keep it clean. still on the process of discovering it!

but i think that distortion comes in handy some time! hahahaha!

yeah PLEASE call Rob! you will get it in no time at all!

Anyone here that knows Protest the Hero? awesome high pitch singing. I have no idea how to do that. Here is how it sounds if I should sing it (not good): www.rofleren.dk/music/Bloodmeat.mp3

This is their song:

I have no idea how to get the same kind of sound that he does, I'm only able to produce with lots of twang, these sounds, that I dont know how to describe, it's not pretty. But, I know it's the right way to go, once I couldnt say these notes at all, but I have no idea how to make them sound better.

Anyone have some tips? :D

always try to grab a live version of singers who you wish to study and analize. you can get really distorted impressions if you don't filter out engineering help.

i noticed the title of your post was "putting more meat in the voice" but to actually produce those sounds you want to remove meat off the voice. the sound you hear is not always the same as the technique to produce it.

b.t.w., love the drumming in that.