Fuel- Shimmer cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

So I've been singing for maybe two years now and I'd just like some opinions on my singing and any advice on what to improve. I'd like to be a lead singer in a band but I'm not sure whether I've progressed enough for that yet. I took private lessons for about a year and a half but stopped because the teacher wasn't right for me.

I recorded myself singing "Shimmer" by Fuel today. http://www.box.com/s/ieuj7z6d1hanvji4bkkh

Any suggestions?

• TMV World Legacy Member

First of all, that was pretty dang good. There were a lot of things I liked what you were doing. Second of all, you can be a lead singer in a band anytime you want.

For critique, I thought you were slightly pitchy throughout a lot of the song. I think you are very close to being able to improve that a lot if you can focus on reducing some of the tension in your technique. You need a little more open and resonant throat setup. Just a little bit of tension can make it really difficult to keep the pitch more stable. That is what i would work on.

You already have the desire, and if you want to progress in being a lead singer in a band, then become one. It will motivate you to keep getting better and better.

Archived