Center of the universe Kamelot cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11308463&q=hi&newref=1

So, I sang some in the shower this morning and decided to do a small workout and record this beast. Still trying to find a happy medium on some notes that I feel I had too much twang going on, but when I let up I sometimes snap into falsetto. This song is just a touch too high for me anyway, but I love it.. So there! Sorry about the backing track, I know it's crappy, but it is all that I could. This is knoa one take - I did fix 2 parts where I sang the wrong words bby accident (I learned this song in the shower this morning lol) Let me know how to fix it please.

~Keith

www.drop-head.com

It sounded really good. I think the high notes in the second half and near the end were perfect. It may have felt like falsetto to you but it sounded supported to me, with a light to medium closure. The high notes near the beginning sounded kind of falsetto and that may have been a breath support thingy. It was neat to hear two different approaches to the same range of notes. I don't think you were over-twanging. I think the twang helps you connect the higher notes more solidly and then you won't flip into falsetto, unless you want to, for effect.

The parts of the song that you felt comfortable with are awesome! I've always told you that you have a great tone! All you need is to get more control of your higher register and you are going to blow peoples minds!!!!! Any note that you are able to sing in falsetto you can also learn to sing in full voice with power. You and I actually have similar voices in many regards and I know that you are capable of so much more with the proper guidance. For me I have been fortunate enough to stumble upon ways to expand my own range and support my higher registers.

Actually, it was a Brett Manning video I'd seen where he had a student with him and the student was showing how he achieves his own "mix" voice which was very powerful. As soon as I heard him doing it I mimicked what he did and BINGO I knew what I needed to do! Here's a link to that video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRog7y4wD1o

Hope it gives you the same epiphany it gave to me! :)

"GIDDYUP!"

Archived