Rob is great!

Rate this topic

mivison

just bought the TVS Christmas special about 2 weeks ago. i called to schedule the online lesson (forgot about the calender :B). any way to my surprise Rob answered the phone and had time to talk to a peon like me. it was great! also he forgive me for waking him up LOL. Can't wait to start the online lessons!

P.S. didn't know where else to post this.

You're not a peon, M. In fact, working with Robert should help you build confidence. For him, no one is a peon. He will treat you with as much as respect and courtesy as when Duff McKagan walked into his studio. You will be the next Duff McKagan, yourself. Side note: many may not have known that Duff is also a singer. He sang in the band he had before Guns and Roses. He sang second vocals and lead on some with Guns and Roses. And he sings lead in Loaded, his current band. As well as second vocals in Velvet Revolver. He started out playing guitar. Then played bass in GnR.

I digress. You don't have to play all those instruments. You just have to realize that you are not a peon.

Okay, now, off my soapbox.

You're not a peon, M. In fact, working with Robert should help you build confidence. For him, no one is a peon. He will treat you with as much as respect and courtesy as when Duff McKagan walked into his studio. You will be the next Duff McKagan, yourself. Side note: many may not have known that Duff is also a singer. He sang in the band he had before Guns and Roses. He sang second vocals and lead on some with Guns and Roses. And he sings lead in Loaded, his current band. As well as second vocals in Velvet Revolver. He started out playing guitar. Then played bass in GnR.

I digress. You don't have to play all those instruments. You just have to realize that you are not a peon.

Okay, now, off my soapbox.

Since his name was brought up...Just happened to see Duff yesturday on Dr. Phil promoting his latest book "It's So Easy.... And Other Lies". Curious if anyone has read this and what they thought about it.

Since his name was brought up...Just happened to see Duff yesturday on Dr. Phil promoting his latest book "It's So Easy.... And Other Lies". Curious if anyone has read this and what they thought about it.

I would love to read that. I have read Slash's book. I've seen Axl's responses to a one-time forum Q & A. I saw Axl's recent interview on "That Metal Show." And I would certainly like to read McKagan's book. He is quite erudite.

• Administrator

Mvision, thanks for the shout out! But allow me to earn it further by making myself available to help you to sort out the "Pillars" content and lets get that FREE internet lesson booked in the schedule... hearing your story about your struggle with other singing schools, I am eager to help you and take it to the level you deserve to be at by now and in doing so, teach you the things you need to know.. expand your understanding of how singing REALLY works, not just how to market it.

As for Duff? Cool guy, ... the band will be rehearsing right next door to my current studio in Seattle... so while Im training or practicing my chops, I suppose Ill be hearing Duff's band rippin next door... Maybe I should get my tunes really polished, who knows... he may knock on the door and invite me in to sing with the band... we'll see... certainly , much stranger things have happened in life... the bassist used to be my student, so I know I got his vote? LOL... we'll see... but I have my own path currently as well... but wouldn't pass up any opportunities as such , if they were presented... sure, Id sell out to do a tour with Duff... why not.